"Mark as Read to here" option?

JaneQSmythe

In long threads I often want to leave and come back again - is there a way to mark a thread as "read to here" so I can "jump to first unread" later and pick up where I left off?

JaneQ

You could right click on the number in the top right of the post and save the link to your favourites/bookmarks, or even save it to a shortcut on your desktop. But the link will take you directly back to that post.

EDIT: Example - "http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137154&postcount=2" would take you to this post right here. =]

Thanks for the reply and the tip on saving the link to the post. What I have been doing is just leaving the thread open in its own tab in my browser on the last post that I read. (Which is fine except when I forget there is some automatic update dingus scheduled overnight and the 'puter reboots.)

JaneQ

Thanks for the reply and the tip on saving the link to the post. What I have been doing is just leaving the thread open in its own tab in my browser on the last post that I read. (Which is fine except when I forget there is some automatic update dingus scheduled overnight and the 'puter reboots.)

JaneQ
Not too great for power consumption or the health of your computer leaving it on for such long periods either. =P

Glad my advice was helpful for you though.

Back