The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Happy Canada Day! Today we're off to kick off the begining of pride week with the drag ball game and then to a friend's house for a bar b q. Tomorrow I'm getting my derby on and then to RP's house...all in all this is shaping up to be a pretty spectacular weekend. :D

Happy Canada Day! Today we're off to kick off the begining of pride week with the drag ball game and then to a friend's house for a bar b q. Tomorrow I'm getting my derby on and then to RP's house...all in all this is shaping up to be a pretty spectacular weekend. :D

happy canada day :D

Feeling frustrated today. Too many things went wrong; faxes wouldn't send; the office closed early, but I got out late; Runic Wolf couldn't get his car inspected so now he can't drive it; they pushed up the deadline for end of the month reports for my second job to before 4 today (just finished them) instead of the 3rd; they didn't pay Runic Wolf for his vacation time for Rag; and the list goes on. So instead of me getting to do what I needed/ wanted to do after work, Runic Wolf is running most of his and my errands. When he gets home, we're going out to dinner because I am tired of being couped up inside. In the meantime, I am trying to find out when Wendigo wants to come over this weekend which isn't going to be easy since he's working on an animation project and I don't want to interrupt.

Three days of air travel? Where the heck are you from and where are you now? That's a LOT of flying!

Course, I wouldn't mind it if the flight attendant were cute as all get out, either, and they had lots of coca-cola and snackies, lmao!

I'm currently in the middle east, heading back to the east coast. C-130's don't fly very fast.....I have to bring my own snacks and normally the flight attendants aren't very cute, at least not for me ;).

I'm currently in the middle east, heading back to the east coast. C-130's don't fly very fast.....I have to bring my own snacks and normally the flight attendants aren't very cute, at least not for me ;).

I suppose that if I had read your profile I would have learned a thing or two, lol.

I can handle bringing my own snackies and I know NOTHING about aircraft so, unfortunately, telling me C-130 means nothing, lol. Is it a personal plane? Cargo plane? One the military uses to transport troops and personnel?

C-130 is a ginormous cargo plane, I believe that all four branches use them to transport.... well, damn near anything, really. You can fit tanks into them, seriously.

C-130 is a ginormous cargo plane, I believe that all four branches use them to transport.... well, damn near anything, really. You can fit tanks into them, seriously.

Cool! Thanx!

I just know that when I fly it's a pain in the butt to go through customs! lmao

C-130's are more for transporting troops and cargo. they can fit a tank or 2 in them but the C-5 is the ginormous one. they hold helicopters.

customs is always a pain. if you think it's bad trying to fly within the states, it's even worse trying to fly into the states.

C-130's are more for transporting troops and cargo. they can fit a tank or 2 in them but the C-5 is the ginormous one. they hold helicopters.

customs is always a pain. if you think it's bad trying to fly within the states, it's even worse trying to fly into the states.

I live in Canada so I HAVE tried flying into the States! lol

It's easier to fly almost any where else in the world!

gotcha. on a trip like this, we usually luck out. customs comes to us. they inspect our stuff at work, then we get on the plane and go. when we stay overnight somewhere, whatever stays on the plane doesn't have to be reinspected, so we all carry a 3 day pack for the hotels and such. it's still a pain depending on what countries we stop in.

Getting to the states is easy peasy.

Betting back used to be the bitch. The longest I have ever had to wait to get into canada was almost 4 hours.

The longest it has ever taken to get into the states took about 45 minutes, and that was with a terrorist stop in immigration.. hahaha

Getting to the states is easy peasy.

Betting back used to be the bitch. The longest I have ever had to wait to get into canada was almost 4 hours.

The longest it has ever taken to get into the states took about 45 minutes, and that was with a terrorist stop in immigration.. hahaha

Well, you see, I'm still American so it's an American returning home...horse of a different colour.

---------------------

I'm disappointed in my son. He was stealing from his dad and blaming a friend who is a bad influence for it. His conscience finally kicked in and he came clean to me last night and his dad this morning. *sigh* I thought I was doing a good job :(.

Any way, he and I talked last night and he's been reassured I still love him--I can love HIM without loving the actions. He's going to church this morning and going to talk to his minister and then he has to go and face the music with his dad *sigh*. I'm disappointed, upset, confused....trying to figure what's going on with him and help him through his own problems and emotions with this.

Well, you see, I'm still American so it's an American returning home...horse of a different colour.

Ahhhhh.. yes.. my mistake.. :)

I'm disappointed in my son. He was stealing from his dad and blaming a friend who is a bad influence for it. His conscience finally kicked in and he came clean to me last night and his dad this morning. *sigh* I thought I was doing a good job :(.

He eventually told you, thats a good thing :)

Sitting here drinking coffee, in a quiet house watching updates on the tour de france, wimbledon and.. enjoying some me time..

I have to remember to steal time when I can.. it helps me centre myself..

Sitting here drinking coffee, in a quiet house watching updates on the tour de france, wimbledon and.. enjoying some me time..

I have to remember to steal time when I can.. it helps me centre myself..

I have a regular weekly date night with myself! It's even written into my calendar! I am free, obviously, to change those plans but those who know me know that Friday nights from 6:30 to about 9:30 are MY time to myself.

He eventually told you, thats a good thing :)
Yes, he did and I'm going to make sure he knows that that IS a good thing.

Had a lovely time with two new friends! I don't have enough friends in my life and it's so good to connect with new people.

eating breakfast, drinking coffee, about to clear off some housework, cruising email and forums and waiting for lunch time when Possibility will be here for a few hours! WOOT!

After a late night/ early morning of cuddling with my guys, I'm feeling pretty good. Getting ready to tackle a few loads of laundry before the clam bake at my mother-in-law's and trying to think of a polite way to remind her that I only like my clams deep fried. *crinkles up nose at the idea of rubbery clams*

I am fried.. I have been talking since today at 11am.. had a good lunch meeting, a coffee with a friend and then dinner with an older friend..

My throat hurts.. hahaha

Day started at 4:30 but I am sooo looking forward to how this week unfolds. Its going to be a good week for me I think :D

Now working on a proposal which is due at 8am.. *yawn*... I love my job... seriously..

Last edited:
finished checkpoint number 2 on the list of things to do before I go home. #1 is the mandatory password change on our discrepancy database (how we know whats wrong with the helo's) did that last week. #2 is my PIMS (deployment eval) next up is my post deployment health assessment. an online questionaire then I get to talk to the doc. I'm figuring I'll be leaving this country in just over 3 weeks now wooooohooooooo:D:D:D

Back