Is thin the only sexy?

Hell no. :D

I'm not fat but I'm not thin either. Toxemia with Twins attacked my body and has made it less than perfect. But the amazing way that my boyfriend responds to my curves, there is no doubt how sexy he thinks I am, absolute perfection as he says. :D

If only everyone was so polite.

Edit: And he did say it. Perhaps not to a specific person, but you can't deny he said it.

What I meant is, he wouldn't say it to someone specifically. Yes he may think it, or ponder on a forum thread, but he wouldn't out right say it to anyone, even me ;)

Edit: And he did say it. Perhaps not to a specific person, but you can't deny he said it.

It's rather difficult to get the tone and not sure which emoticon I should have used to show when I do have that thought in my head it's NOT that the person is ugly but I honestly do wonder if their ok. I guess yes I'm too bloody caring and it sucks sometimes. If the what I'm attracted to also bothered anyone else perhaps I should say ok I'm attracted to EVERYTHING, your pets, your kids, the light pole outside, the shopping carts down at the store lol. After all gotta be PC and not leave anyone/anything out.

I thought this was a friendly place to be free to talk about whatever but with the thread topic I now know I really should have avoided it if it's mostly women with these confidence or self-esteem issues while they will jump on any guy saying he's a prick.

I thought this was a friendly place to be free to talk about whatever but with the thread topic I now know I really should have avoided it if it's mostly women with these confidence or self-esteem issues while they will jump on any guy saying he's a prick.

Never said you were a prick, for the record. Just showing you a situation where the person you're worried about is not okay and might be tired of hearing how shabby she looks. I have a friend who has developed a fondness for skincare products almost out of self-defense.

Are we okay?

Since you quoted me and didn't specify otherwise I'll assume you have a problem with my post. If you feel I have transgressed the rules or guidelines of the site, please feel free to report it to a moderator. If not, I suggest you stop trying to play the victim card and take ownership of your own words.

I saw this thread a while back and have been letting it sit, trying to work out how best to formulate my feelings on this.

The main issue that I am struggling with is the folks that call themselves "BBW" - I will agree with the first and the last, but unfortunately I do not find them all beautiful, just because they describe themselves as a "BBW".

I also need to distinguish between those women I find that are beautiful to look at and those that are relationship material. For me there is a distinct disconnect between the two. While I do have some standards when it comes to how folks look in order for me to date them, they are a lot looser than a beautiful appearance, because for me beauty comes from the inside.

It is a lot about being comfortable in your skin, and knowing you own limitations - they talk about "accentuate the positive" and I think that has a lot to do with it. There are some people who look stunning in skin-tight pants, and others that look hideous. There are others who dress nicely and obviously take care of themselves and others that are, frankly, slobs.

It doesn't matter how physically beautiful you are, facially or bodily, if you don't take pride in your appearance you are going to be ugly to anyone other than the most superficial person.

One word of advice to folks - don't trust your own instincts - you are your own worst critic. Often you can look knock-out in something, but you think that your legs are too fat, or your butt to big or your breasts to small, or whatever. Find some folks that you know you trust to not blow smoke and get their honest opinion as to what styles and colours look good on you. Conversely, you may think you look great in something, but others feel like it doesn't do a thing for you.

So, for me, within certain limitations, what is going on inside your head, and how much you take care of yourself (and I don't mean working out and eating healthy, I mean personal care and clothing) matters far more to me than physical features when it comes to someone I would have a relationship with.

The lines I draw are extreme skinniness and obesity, neither of which I find attractive. I have dated underweight and overweight ladies that I think have been beautiful and very sexy. I myself am considered overweight.

Far more important than a BMI is being healthy. Everyone has limits, in terms of ability, time and desire - being healthy is attractive to me (as long as it's not obsessive) - because if you are looking after yourself, then we are more likely to have a lot longer relationship....

Technically, I am all sorts of obese.
I weight 300 pounds. I'm 5'9.
Am I sexy? Oh hell yes.
Do I take care of myself? Yes.
Am I worried about losing weight? Nope. If someone is going to love me, they will love me as I am.
Do I theoretically want to lose weight? One day. For my own reasons, not to make another desire me more.

The way I see it, weight comes and goes. Everything changes. Time, disease, accidents can all change what's outside, but what's inside, is what matters...
And I'm sexy and I know it ;)

I have to give an emphatic "No." Sexy is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a way of holding one's self, a way of guiding the body language, the manner in which that mind interacts with others. The body itself is mostly irrelevant. Tsie's response is an excellent example. The body comes into play when considering what one is physically attracted to, which is another subject entirely.

Man...beat me to this thread! LOL

Thin is definitely NOT the only sexy. First and foremost, I find the mind sexy. Yeah, kinda sapiosexual here. Second, I like to say that I like my women the way I like my mountain roads: curvy! :)

For me, attraction is about the interior vs the exterior.
I worry about people who focus on the exterior.

And except for that aspect I fully agree with you Avatar

I think we're pretty much on the same page, Tise. Perhaps I wasn't clear that it's the interior (the mind) that is driving the exterior (the body) that determines sexy for me.

For me, I have to be turned-on at a number of intangible levels for me to be sexually turned-on. I have to really feel like pleasing her in non-sensual & non-sexual ways before we get intimate (hopeless romantic, what can I say).

Having said that, I'll take a curvaceous woman over a thin one ANY day! I'm all about being pleasing to the touch. ;)

I like my women the way I like my mountain roads: curvy! :)

I like my women the way I like my coffee, hot and strong... with a spoon in them!

My kind of woman! [licks spoon suggestively]

You say, "Do you want a cup of coffee?" and she says, "Yeah, okay." Then sex is on, yes?

...Doesn't always work, though. If the President of Burundi says, "Do you want a cup of coffee?" you're not supposed to go, "Rawr! I'm in here!"

You say, "Do you want a cup of coffee?" and she says, "Yeah, okay." Then sex is on, yes?

...Doesn't always work, though. If the President of Burundi says, "Do you want a cup of coffee?" you're not supposed to go, "Rawr! I'm in here!"

Boy, I wish someone told me that BEFORE I went to Burundi last year... :p

If thin is the only sexy I'm doing it wrong!

For me sexy is both a state of mind and body.

Mentally they need to be comfortable in their own skin for starters. The rest usually falls into place after that. Physically I'm more of a proportions man. As long as it all works together, thin or heavy, then I'm alright. Some people are built to carry extra weight, some are not and both look a little funny when doing what they aren't "supposed" to be doing.

Back