Bruises angering my vanilla husband

TBH I don't ask for details. I don't believe he has ever actually punched her in the face, that does leave marks, he has slapped her, and I know her, and some other woman I have met on the BDSM scene would be OK with the odd black eye or split lip given in the right circumstances. It's their choice and I know it could be an option for them. Most of her current bruising is arms and legs, and like I say, it's restraint bruising, you can't really stop that except by being more gentle, which isn't really the point.
I'm not into ultraviolence, but I'm not going to criticise those who make an informed choice about it. I do know there is a lot of control involved on the Dom's part, I know that my husband wouldn't want to do any serious harm, and he would never hit her (or me) in anger or any other heightened emotional state, he's a trained martial artist so he knows what does serious damage and what doesn't, and is very good at keeping his cool.

The other day my boyfriend commented that I don't bruise as easily as I did when we first started dating. The only thing that has changed is that I'd started taking vitamin d about a month and a half before we started dating because I had a deficiency. I looked it up and taking vitamin d helps reduce bruising. It apparently just took a little while for my body to build up an adequate amount. The websites I read also recommended vitamins c and I and iron to help reduce bruising. I'd do research to see what levels are recommended though.

Hmm, that's interesting about the vitamin D. I had my annual checkup a couple weeks ago and my vitamin D levels were a bit low. Fingers crossed that taking supplements helps cut down on the bruising a bit. I've been passing along all the other ideas offered here and am just letting my husband drive the discussion at his own pace. Falone and I are taking a break from activities that could cause bruising for a few weeks to give hubs more time to process his feelings around it and discuss it with me further.

Is hubs aware that you are taking break from bruising activities for him? Has he been made aware this time is to allow him to get his head around this situation (process) and a subsequent discussion will occur and that bruising activities will resume ?

Is hubs aware that you are taking break from bruising activities for him? Has he been made aware this time is to allow him to get his head around this situation (process) and a subsequent discussion will occur and that bruising activities will resume ?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Is your husband a member here? If so... maybe after he comes to terms with it he could share why it bothered him so much and what had to do to get to be ok with it....or accepting it.

The other day my boyfriend commented that I don't bruise as easily as I did when we first started dating. The only thing that has changed is that I'd started taking vitamin d about a month and a half before we started dating because I had a deficiency. I looked it up and taking vitamin d helps reduce bruising. It apparently just took a little while for my body to build up an adequate amount. The websites I read also recommended vitamins c and I and iron to help reduce bruising. I'd do research to see what levels are recommended though.

oops, that's supposed to say vitamins c and k. stupid auto correct on my phone.

Back