Born Poly?

FreeandUnited

Can a person be born either polyamourous or monogamous? Like how, some people believe that you are born heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual.

What do you all think?

I had posted this one before too, but maybe I wasn't "official" enough to start threads yet(?)

There are long nature vs nurture debates on the topic. Interesting from an academic point of view, but I have found that the answer doesn't really affect me one way or another. People are what they are, however they got there. :)

I think there's ample evidence that we are born with certain "inclinations" the majority (possibly all) of which are subject to revision.
I think one of those inclinations are simplicity. There's wide variation in what people desire in their lives to be happy & feel complete. No different in relationships. Just like people with different sized appetites - we all become full at different points. No big deal. Eat until you are satisfied :)

GS

In my opinion, based on my own feelings and experiences, I think you can be born one way or another. I also think you can choose to live one way or the other. I also think you can be pressured into living one way or the other.

Here is a link that raltes to this topic.
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722

Take care :)
That's pretty interesting :)

I think there's ample evidence that we are born with certain "inclinations" the majority (possibly all) of which are subject to revision.
I think one of those inclinations are simplicity. There's wide variation in what people desire in their lives to be happy & feel complete. No different in relationships. Just like people with different sized appetites - we all become full at different points. No big deal. Eat until you are satisfied :)

GS
"Eat until your satisfied", is that anything like "Have your cake and Edith?" ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back