First date rule

I think it's kind of funny how you can't seem to wrap your brain around this practice, Redpepper. Something about it must really not appeal to you. You're trying so hard to figure it out, LOL.

Looks like something that seems to work for many people, but doesn't work for others, just like anything else. I'm sure, when such an opportunity arises, some people are like, "Hey, yeah, let's all go out, that's cool!" while others are "A date with both of you?? Nuh-uh!" Guess it just depends on the people involved.

well, it's deffinatly not out of fear or jealousy. Now, we date when we can. And we are "out". So any potential "dates" know that we are married. We don't participate in the local poly meetings right now. Why? Because we really don't feel like...for lack of a better word...hippies. :/ Kinda a broad generalization I know. But, MOST of the people who attend these meetings in this area, are modern hippies. Right down to the tye dye shirts, and lack of a bra and no make up. LOL MOST of them are like this. Not all. It's just not our crowd. So we are stuck with dating "regular" people. LOL But we educate these "regular" people on the dynamics of our relationship BEFORE any date. ;) This helps to eliminate any issues. Also, coming from a "swinging" community, we have a lot of friends who are swingers. Most of them think we are crazy, but never question it. They say that it seems to work for us, even if it wouldn't for them. LOL

I like to know those who my partners are dating but I can't imagine going with them on dates unless it was someone who I was (or hoped to be) involved with as well. But then again I tend to feel like I'm invading people's privacy when I stumble upon things that *I* don't think I should see/know even when it's completely out in public. There's an intimacy about dates that has it's own energy and I feel like if I was there on a partner's date that energy would be disrupted.

Meh, just talkin', whatever works. I just find it interesting is all... just because I start a thread on something, doesn't mean I am struggling. :p

I never said you were struggling. I pictured you more like a scientist examining something in a lab, LOL, 'cuz you really want to understand it.

I like their brains. So squishy and tasty. :D

And to take this further off topic, my mom had a recipe book when I was a child with a recipe in it for cow's head with brain sauce. I'm so glad she never attempted to make it!

Oh my, that's quite a recipe. Rather terrifying. Sounds like it belongs in a laboratory rather than on my plate or in my tummy.

What do you think I ask these questions for? I'm fattening your brains up in preparation for the slaughter... WAH-HAHAHAHA! :p (can I get your mum's number again Derby?... thanks :D)

Back