hello, hello.

hyena

As the title says, hello hello. My name is Joe. I am (obviously) new. I will either A) start posting here all the time and being a productive, thoughtful member of the forum, or I will B) totally forget it by tomorrow. I figure an introduction might be a good way to push myself towards the former.

I play music all over the country, I drink a ton of coffee and fancy beer, sometimes I taxidermy small animals in amusing poses and do sideshow tricks for strangers. I've got an awesome primary partner with great hair and lots of chutzpah. I judge people almost solely on their opinion of the movie Jaws. I love hard science and grumpy skepticism, also postmodern art/lit. Pretentious often.

Nice to meet you all!

Yahhbutt,..

Can you get the taxidermied animals to play music with you ?
Or at least look to be part of the band ?

Welcome. :)

Best intro, ever

I think you and I would be great friends in real life.

Either that, or my snobbery and your pretension would conflict and we'd hate one another to the point of concerns about homicide.

:)

Now Hyena and UpsideDown, have the decency to oil up first, and send the forum a complete video, regardless of outcome.
Thanks bunches.

The image I got was of that creepy baby skull in his avatar duking it out with the eyeball in mine. Lovely! :eek:

SG that's great ......

I was thinking amusing poses was code for flipping people off or jerking off.

What about all the sequels ...I think I hate all of them:(

Have you tried coffee infused beer ? Wait ...never mind that's kind of a mono solution :eek:

Welcome ...and good luck

The image I got was of that creepy baby skull in his avatar duking it out with the eyeball in mine. Lovely! :eek:

If he 'totally forgets the forum by tomorrow' Start pm-ing his azz.

Nobody gets to waltz in here talking about fancy beer and taxidermy, without a little more time spent in da poly 'pen.:cool:

@Hyena, are you a hipster? For some reason small animal in amusing poses taxidermy is BIG among my hipster friends. No, I have no idea why.

Also this thread wins for most amusing thread of the past few months.

Wait, wait. Why is it that whenever I talk to anybody about taxidermy, there's always one person who asks if I'm a hipster?

Taxidermy is hip?!? ....although I do have a hedgehog to stuff, and it might look good with an ironic mustache and a fixed gear bike...

Thanks for the warm welcome, e'rbody!

Hello Joe,
Welcome to our forum.

Heh, I like your intro. So you are Joe, and you drink lots of joe? :)

As for Jaws, I am quite fond of that movie. Sure the effects are of yesteryear, but it's a great yarn. Does that mean I'm your friend or foe? :eek:

Stick around, and enjoy Polyamory.com ...

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

... I drink a ton of coffee and fancy beer, sometimes I taxidermy small animals in amusing poses and do sideshow tricks for strangers. I've got an awesome primary partner with great hair and lots of chutzpah... I love hard science and grumpy skepticism,...Pretentious often.

Hell yes! Welcome!

I judge people almost solely on their opinion of the movie Jaws.

Doh. I've never seen it, so I have no opinion. Does this mean that you cannot judge me? :eek: (C'mon...I know you can do it, if you really try...:p)

That is...well, "Fuck, yeah!" was the response here (x3).

There is an oddities museum/collection here (Trundle Manor)that has taxidermy workshops (you can provide your own subject or they have spares) that is definitely on my "To Do" list.

JaneQ

Doh. I've never seen it, so I have no opinion. Does this mean that you cannot judge me? :eek: (C'mon...I know you can do it, if you really try...:p)

It just means I reserve judgment until you have. Though, honestly, I'm not sure why I even care about Jaws. It's a nice old-fashioned adventure yarn, and it is a good flick, but it's not even my favorite. I think I just decided one day that Jaws needed a hype-man, and that I was the one to do it.

There is an oddities museum/collection here (Trundle Manor)that has taxidermy workshops (you can provide your own subject or they have spares) that is definitely on my "To Do" list.

Trundle Manor is rad, though I've never been there. The northeast is the place for oddities - you've got Obscura (NY) and the Mutter Museum (Philly). Most animals smaller than a large Squirrel you could learn to do in the comfort of your own home! Just requires lots of Borax and understanding housemates.

Well, Jaws doesn't have any other hype-man that I know of, so it is good that you took the job. :)

Back