New polyamorist

FurryPixie

Hello everyone!

I had another account but used my usual nickname and thought it would be better for me to create a new one just in case one of my partners came by. I am out but I need a place where I can vent and feel understood without worrying that it will cause drama in my real life! I wasn't very active on the forums anyway, so it's not such a big deal. I'll try to participate more now!

So I'll introduce myself! I am a stay at home mom with very young children. I live with their father(Bob), who has been my partner for 4 years now. We started talking about opening our relationship about 3 years ago. He wasn't up for it, he even had a very emotional reaction. We talked about it on and off since then and finally decided to go for it a few months ago, in spring I believe.

I have since then met Joe, who officially became my boyfriend about 3 weeks ago. We're all going through an adaptation phase, but so far, we're doing pretty well. Joe has even met the kids and he's great with them.

About me, well I'm trying to find myself again, because I've been so focused on the kids for the last few years that I almost forgot who I am. But I'm a hippie and an old school video games(especially RPGs) geek. I also like to sing very much!

From one stay at home hippie mama to another, hello and nice to meet you!

Greetings FurryPixie,
Pleasure to meet you!

Sounds like polyamory is just now beginning to be a "real thing" in your life ... Kudos to Bob who took that scary leap of faith over all the monogamous conditioning and fears that "What if she likes Joe better than me?" Kudos to you for being very patient with Bob; I know it must have seemed like a long three years.

I wish your trio the best, and hope Polyamory.com is helpful to you in navigating the bumps along the way. Congrats on meeting Joe, he sounds like a great guy!

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back