Whom I diddle is more important than my job?

RGee91

Today at work (I cook at a restaurant) there was a curious comment card that read "First and foremost I think the big black guy is a Rainbow Lover, but he makes great food :)"

This has bothered me all day, that when people go out to EAT, who I DATE is the first & foremost concern... and THEN the food. It just baffles me that even at work, I'm a "Rainbow Lover" before I'm an employee in some peoples eyes.

Just venting really, and wondering has any of you had similar experiences, poly or otherwise?

Don't let it get to you. Some people will always have that type of mentality. Obviously you're a damn fine cook - your "rainbow loving" ways didn't stop them from eating your food, did it? ;)

My brother catches this kind of shit every now and then too, generally after he kisses his boyfriend publically. His usual response is to turn around and kiss his girlfriend afterwards, grin at the person in question, and go on about his day.

QUEER!!!

Damn queers. There goes the neighborhood.

The rainbow is the national Gay Pride Symbol in America. Apparently, it's also the international symbol as well.

So, yes, 'rainbow lover' = gay.

Chef's sexual orientation = irrelevant.

exactly what karma said.

Its just really annoying that ppl put so much thought to who others have the capacity to love that they would leave a message for management at my job about it. Like Karma said, it was just irrelevant, no more useful than me going to their job to tell their boss "your employee drives a car, but they do a good job"

Hmmm, if queers could add spices to their cooking that would make others gay, wouldnt that be interesting? :p

WAIT! :eek: I love rainbows too! :eek: I'm also a huge fan of sunshine, lollipops and kittens!

CRAP!

Are my dreams of being a productive member of society doomed? :rolleyes:

We actually get tons of rainbows and double rainbows here as the sun is low and it rains lots. Especially in the spring when the rain is being burned off by the sun getting hotter. Its really beautiful with all the cherry blossoms.

When I got married it rained and rained and then the sun came out for a brief time while the ceremony happened. The sky and air was filled with rainbows as it was a bit misty. Absolutely beautiful.

This city and area is gorgeous for that. I highly suggest a visit.

Yup, rainbow lover here for sure! :)

EVERYTIME-YOU-SEE-A-RAINBOW-GOD-IS-HAVING-GAY-SEX.gif

A typical dessert as prepared by Raze:

rainbow%20cake%201.jpg

lmao @ everytime you see a rainbow God is having Gay Sex XD

Ok so in light of the happier mood of this thread, the comment card situation was also apparently a prank that a coworker devised as a joke, but he didn't dispose of the card before management got it so it is still on record that I'm a Rainbow Lover :p, but eh, at least I know that ignorant comment wasn't real :D

sorry to have such a bitch fit over a joke, how rainbow loving of me :rolleyes: lol

Well it never said that "rainbow lover" was a BAD thing, but it's good to know it was just a prank and not an ignorant customer (I assume you know the co-worker meant it in good fun). You know what they say in the restaurant business: "Do NOT fuck with the people who handle your food!"

Now that we know it was a joke... its pretty fucking funny!

Anotherbo :D

lol true. I even admit to laughing at the word choice when I first read it :D

and very true Neon, I had a glob of spit *cough* I mean cookies ready for the mystery writers next meal should I ever find out who they were. But now that I know, I'll just eat these cookies myself :)

Back