Poly with kids? How much do you explain?

RockTheGeekness

Title pretty much sums up my question. How much, or what, do you tell your children?

Along the same line, how do you tell your immediate family (siblings and parents), or do you?

All our kids know. Seven kids aged 16 - 8.

The older kids had more questions and we were pretty honest with the answers. They are respectful kids and didn't want many details. With the younger ones we just told them that the three adults love each other and want us to all be a family. That was enough. So long as their needs are being met and there is a happy home they all have adjusted quite well.

Ours range from 6-22. Its been 4 years and we told all of them that we believe you can love more than one person at a time. Then answered questions honestly. Bf already had lived with us for 6 years at that point. It was a simple concept for all of the kids.
Parents and siblings we were pretty point blanks with as well as friends. Co workers took about a year for the guys to get to "totally out".

Dont tell my son about my adult relationships, don't have partners around him much and if they are no PDA. Some family know i no longer do monogamy.

I explained that I romantically loved two men at the same time. At a level they could understand for their age. I did not bring anyone in their life that wasn't staying around. Murf didn't meet them until we had been dating 6 months.

Family I was just honest with.

Back