The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Content. I'm feeling much better about everything today... I spent a really lovely evening with my boyfriend and had dinner with his family, my hubby's mood is much improved, even the kids have been good and I'm actually looking forward to the wedding this weekend :)

I'm feeling pretty good! Really excited about going to see Alestorm even more so now that I might have a date!

Yeppers! I kinda met her because of this forum too! I was reading the poly.fm thread then I joined that site and met her on there but had to add her on another site she was on since messaging othermembers isn't available yet on there.

Wait wait wait... Nerd - you actually MET someone from poly.fm?!

Does this officially mark the "first connection made"?!?

Well that would just make my day :).

Today marks the first time in a while that I've approached a woman cold. I was walking out of Target, she was walking in, our eyes met, we both said "Hi" at the same time, I got in my car kicking myself for not saying anything, said "fuck it" and then drove up to the door, parked my car, and walked in like I knew what I was doing (pfft). She saw me and asked me if I forgot something teasing-like, and I said "yeah, to talk to you" (now I wish I would have said "yeah, your number!" but I'm not that witty). So now we're having breakfast on Saturday! I was shaking on the inside from the excitement but somehow resurrected the mojo from my salad days... and it feels fan-tastic. There's nothing quite like that womanly energy... if only I could bottle it up and save it for the rainy days :/

Maybe I'll refer to her as "Lovely" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I actually met someone from poly.fm and she's awesome and only lives 2.5 hours away :-D

I have the biggest, goofiest smile on my face right now. That makes me so happy. Please post updates, you lovebird you.

lol not getting ahead of myself. We're just friends as of now but she is really cool and I've been dropping a few flirty lines and such :-D I suck at the whole flirting thing though

Maybe I'll refer to her as "Lovely" :p

LOL, and it took me weeks to come up with that handle. Seriously, weeks of trying to find just the right word! I do have a system - I wait to give someone an alias until there haves been a few dates and we have some potential there. I always try to give the significant people in my life aliases that really fit who they are, plus I try to always have them end in "y" just for fun. There's been Dreamy (no explanation needed), Shorty (he is 6'5"), Cranky (he's a complainer), Burnsy (for his sideburns), etc.

Last edited:
Anxious.

I haven't heard back about the job yet and I've got a first date here in a little over an hour.

I feel good about the job, and they said they where probably making the final decision today about the job, not that I'd hear from them today about it. They've called my references and made a comment that made one of my friends think I was in. Now I just need to wait for the official word.

Other then that, I'm feeling damn good. Lots of good things happening right now in my life.

Learned how to use PowerPoint for my computer class this week. Three days and about six hours a day, (changing colors, animations, fonts and digging for info) and I feel like I ended up with a fairly good product. After checking out some of the other powerpoint presentations, I feel really good about mine.
On a similar note, I really really need a vacation. Too much work and no fun equals misery.

Learned how to use PowerPoint for my computer class this week.

Good for you! It's actually pretty fun. However, this is one area where having teenagers in the house is a REAL advantage. I don't have to figure it out anymore, just pass it off to the boy and it usually comes out pretty nice. Mind you, I've been using power point for years, but if I pretend to be computer illiterate, the boy OFFERS to do it for me.:D

Man. Just had a spectacular conversation with Lovely, laughter a-plenty. Then she asked me if I'm seeing anyone else. I told her I see dead people, and then she wanted a serious answer. So I told her we should save that conversation for when we're face-to-face, instead of over the phone. Not because I'm avoiding anything, but because I'd rather talk about that stuff in person! Then the conversation trailed off and she sent me a text amounting to the death of our 1-day romance. T'was a slice, Lovely.

Oh and I had a window open in the Relationships board, typing up a question "Ladies - if you were monogamous, how would you want a poly guy to reveal his cards?", anticipating the conversation. But then BAM! shattered D:

Damn poly that sucks *hugs*

I'm in a bad mood today. I wanted to take B out to eat on Sunday because it's the 2 year anniversary of when we started dating. But all she wants to do is sit at home so it's up to me to get rid of our roommate and his friends for the day so I can do something romantic. Also it feels like she always gets what she wants no matter what and she only takes other peoples' feelings into account after the fact. I mean she's always willing to go hang out with her friends and spend hours sitting at school waiting for the guy she likes to have free time to talk to her but whenever I wanna go out and do something she doesn't wanna go. And I'm tired of being stuck at the house all day with nothing to do. She always has the car at school and I don't have a cell phone. All of my friends are at school too and I don't feel welcome there since our ex is there and B's man friend is there and he feels awkward talking to her if I'm around. It just blows. I have to sit around the house all day replaying the same video games over and over and staring at the internet. All I want is to go out on a date every once in awhile but she's too tired every day to go out with me and we don't get alone time at the house because our roommate is always here or B's stoner friends are always here.

...she asked me if I'm seeing anyone else. I told her I see dead people, and then she wanted a serious answer. So I told her we should save that conversation for when we're face-to-face, instead of over the phone. Not because I'm avoiding anything, but because I'd rather talk about that stuff in person! Then the conversation trailed off and she sent me a text amounting to the death of our 1-day romance...

Oh and I had a window open in the Relationships board, typing up a question "Ladies - if you were monogamous, how would you want a poly guy to reveal his cards?", anticipating the conversation. But then BAM! shattered D:

Well, that would seem a good reason why most poly peeps advise getting the truth out about being poly right away. Personally, I wouldn't have avoided the answer as you did, but would've had a good one prepared. But in a recent thread, you said you were "flying solo at the moment." Are you in a relationship right now? Or did you just want to save talking about poly for when you'd see her in person?

Last edited:
nycindie said:
Personally, I wouldn't have avoided the answer as you did, but would've had a good one prepared

You've got no argument from me. Poor response on my part.

Are you in a relationship right now?
Not at the moment, but that’s on its way to changing and I didn’t want to let her assume that by “no I’m not seeing anyone” I meant “yes I’m available for monogamy” (she was throwing some serious mono vibes) I probably should have said “no” and then saved the disclaimer for in-person conversation, but I don’t think that would have changed the end result.

Back