new

jodygirl77

Hi all, my name is jody. I am a 35 year old female very new to the whole poly thing. As a matter of fact I am still married (soon to be divorced) to the same man for 8 years and I want something different. I have so far only made a concious decision to become a poly and have not even mentioned it to him. We are still miserably living together and have not filed for divorce just yet, but we do discuss important things peacefully, like who the children are going to live with, who gets the house, and such. I thought for a long time that my desire to be with another man or men was so wrong. But now to keep such desires locked up is what is really wrong.

Hi

Hi Jody , it is completely normal to want something different ! thats why monogamy doesnt work for all of us . how do you think he would feel about having a poly relationship ? Do you love him still? and believe me , I know all about living miserably , my wife and I were monogamous for 17 years before we decided to make this bold move ...

Hi Jody, welcome to the forum. Divorce is always difficult, and I am sorry to hear about your situation. But life is too short to be lived miserably, and it's great that you are taking charge of your life and going after what you really want. Hang in there!

Welcome Jody,

Hopefully you & your husband will continue to communicate and work peaceabley throughout the divorce. Glad to have you here; you may find some friends and comfort here that mihgt shore you up through the rough times.

Hi Jody,

Welcome to our forum (sorry I'm so late in saying so).

Can I ask, what are your reasons for the pending divorce; is poly one of those reasons? Sounds like you and your husband are going through an awful time right now. I commend you for trying to keep it an amicable separation.

It's good for you to recognize your polyamorous nature, and to follow that path. If there's any chance you and your husband might stay together, make sure he knows about this change in your consciousness.

I hope Polyamory.com is of some help to you.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back