Unconditional Love

self

all of this will go away if you can learn to love yourself unconditionaly first,then nothing in the past matters one bit,its only a story we tell ourselves to give our egos a sense of exsistance.

I think an important element in unconditional love is a deep, clear understanding of the beloved. I believe seeing the loved one as they are, and loving them profoundly for all of their self.

unconditional

yes thats the obvious. but no matter how much you accept and love that beloved for for everything they are still wont aleiviate the fear of loosing them to somebody or something else. i think im commenting on more than the unconditional love part of this thread,im including all the other stuff mentioned in here.
if we are all one,then loving yourself unconditionaly is the same as loving that beloved unconditionally.it is intrinsicaly impossible to love somebody completely without loving yourself completely first.

I just wanted to point out that unconditional love (love not depending upon conditions) necesarily implies that one who loves this way loves all beings, everyone. Everything, also.

It does not imply that one really, really likes everyone, trusts everyone, or would wish to set up housekeeping with everyone.

Not so obvious

yes thats the obvious. but no matter how much you accept and love that beloved for for everything they are still wont aleiviate the fear of loosing them to somebody or something else.

Seeing people for themselves can help put jealousy in context. Unconditional love won't solve or prevent fear of loss but it can provide the foundation to work though such things.

i think im commenting on more than the unconditional love part of this thread,im including all the other stuff mentioned in here.

Good for you. I was doing the same. While some posters had touched upon that truly seeing others is important element in unconditional love, no one had highlighted it. I think it's important and not blindingly obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the book, "Real Love" by Greg Baer, M.D.
He defines unconditional love in his book.... I thought it was an interesting definition.

"Unconditionally caring about the happiness of another person without any thought for what we might get for ourselves."

Why do I begrudge people who I love pleasure? Why do I envy their bliss? Why am I jealous of their love for others? Why do I try to take power over them and bend them to my will? Why do I blame them for shit that is entirely my responsibility? Why do I try to limit the growth, joy, pleasure, adventure, experience and spaciousness of the very people I pretend to love the most? Why am I even sometimes secretly pleased when they suffer? And why do I exert all of these forms of my self-will in the name of love and then act like the wounded victim, the one who has been wronged and ripped off, when it all goes to shit?

why? if you can realize that the ego is asking these questions,you'll understand why. all those questions are coming from the ego,which is responsible for our suffering. step back away from it,look out from that "big love" or the unconditional love ,which is your true Self or higher divinity Self,the egoless Self. i recomend reading anything from osho,on the ego,or a new earth by eckhart tolle. you'll get an idea of what the ego is doing. remember, ego is not who you really are.

Back