New guy, in need of hazing ASAP

Saint

Hey kids! Had to make a first post somewhere, and I think this is as good a place as any.

I think I'll just let you all know that I'm a recent college grad living in the northeast US, straight, male, and I've held a more or less polyamorous view on love and relationships for years, significantly longer than I've been acting on it. I'm here to make like-minded friends, maybe some sympathizers in case I ever need them, and hey, maybe even some interested girls that get where I'm coming from... never hurts to keep your eyes open, right? Previous poly-type situations I've been in have run into some unfortunate jealousy issues, so at least I wouldn't have to worry about that with anyone I met here. :cool:

Anyway thanks for the forum, look forward to getting to know some of you better, and replies to this post are warmly welcomed. :)

Welcome to the forums. I hope you have a good time reading around, because there are a lot of interesting stories and topics tucked away all over the place. It's good to hear that you're so positive about poly, and I hope that this site helps guide your travels.

Hey kids! Had to make a first post somewhere, and I think this is as good a place as any.

I think I'll just let you all know that I'm a recent college grad living in the northeast US, straight, male, and I've held a more or less polyamorous view on love and relationships for years, significantly longer than I've been acting on it. I'm here to make like-minded friends, maybe some sympathizers in case I ever need them, and hey, maybe even some interested girls that get where I'm coming from... never hurts to keep your eyes open, right? Previous poly-type situations I've been in have run into some unfortunate jealousy issues, so at least I wouldn't have to worry about that with anyone I met here. :cool:

Welcome to the board, Saint. Just wanted to note, poly people can and do get jealous. Compersion is the ideal, but it isn't always easy to attain it. I've been on both sides of this. Jealous b/c of certain things my gf did while on a date with a lover, and then, the object of jealousy when I was trying to get a relationship going with a married poly man.

At least here, we can work thru feelings of jealousy and hopefully keep poly relationships going, without being told we have to choose between 2 love objects.

Thank you kindly, F U.

...as in your name, not "thank you kindly, and also, F U"

:p

LOL! That is a name that is difficult to abbreviate, isnt it?

Where in the northeast are you? I'm in the Boston area.

Oh no, I crack my first joke and it's not original :eek:

Don't worry, I'm new enough that it was my first time reading it, and I had a good laugh out of it.

What is your current situation, relationship-wise? Are you currently in a relationship, and if so what kind?
I'm assuming you're not in a relationship as you don't mention one, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

What is your current situation, relationship-wise? Are you currently in a relationship, and if so what kind?
I'm assuming you're not in a relationship as you don't mention one, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Nice to meet you, Tonberry. You're right, I'm not currently in a relationship; I wouldn't say I'm looking to get into one, but then again I wouldn't say I'm not looking, either. :D Significant others are potentially very nice to have, but they aren't something that I need, or that I can't enjoy my life without.

I definitely relate to that. I've never looked for "a relationship", always "a relationship with [insert specific person I have feelings for]". It was true when I was single, it was true when I had only one partner and it is true now. I guess I try to grab what comes my way but don't go looking for it.

Back