Stood up :(

TL4everu2

So...We have been talking back and forth with another couple for the last two weeks or so online. We have exchanged (G-rated) pics and such (nothing X rated or even R-rated. Neither of us asked for those at all), and we have given them our phone number, but they never responded with theirs. :confused: We thought that was kinda weird, but we told them to call us some time to chat as it was faster than e-mails. Finally, we set up a date....We were going to meet them, and their kids, at a local restaurant. Again, kinda weird...but not totally out there. The wife of the couple and I had been getting along quite well, and my wife and the husband of the couple had also been getting along nicely. Well, we ride our motorcycle the 30+ miles to the restaraunt, and wait. We showed up 1/2 hr early, looked around, and waited on a bench by the front door. We waited for an hour. (The date was set for 7pm, and we showed at 6:30 and waited till 7:30) We sent them some e-mails from our phone expressing that we were worried about them, initially....Then we both figured that since we had given them our phone number on NUMEROUS occasions, we were being stood up. If they had a vehicle break down, they could have called us. If they had some other issue, they could have called us. So, as it stands now, they have made NO attempts to contact us since the night before last. How disconcerting. We have never been stood up by a couple before. Singles, yes....but never a couple. :(

We still hope that they are ok. but at the same time, we are kinda hoping that there was something that went wrong, to explain why they would do this to us. Is that bad? To hope that someone had something bad happen to explain why they would do this? Uggh!

Moving on....After we left, we decided to go out for ourselves and try to make the best of it. We went to dinner, and then to a local "swingers" club. Uggh....Now we remember why we don't really like those much again. No "real" connections....Just sport sex. :( Plus, there were some people there that we knew, and it totally turned into a yucky time. We ended up getting a room for ourselves, and cuddled and had fun together. This was an evening the other cpl missed out on, but that we so wanted to share. :(

We are now looking again......This is so difficult.

BALLS! I'm sorry they did that. I know what you mean about wanting something to have happened so that you had a reason, but remember that what goes around comes back around. So, you'd actually rather hope that they stood you up so that they get stood up in return. :D

Good call on trying to turn the evening into a good time for you both. Chin up, and remember there's always more fish in the sea. :)

Thanks Danny! We'll try to keep positive. My wife and I are always amazed when we see some couples together. We look at them and ask "How the heck did he....end up with HER?" And so we ask ourselves, how we ended up together, then we remember that there is a person for everyone....maybe there are even two or three for everyone. The world is a decent sized globe. It's just frustrating.

Couldn't agree with you more, and one of our favorite sayings is that there's a lid for every pot! :D I'm sure you guys'll find other's, but one thing. You said that you thought it was odd that they didn't give you their number. Follow your gut. ;)

OMG! Dreadful! EEEEEKS!
Whoa! What if our "new relationship" does not work out and we decide that we want to try it with new folk????! DATING? I had NOT even considered that.

To be stood-up? Sorry you had to go through that! Well, at least it was just 30 miles and not 300:rolleyes: (Ugh... I couldnt imagine going through that!)

Maybe they were "new" and just got cold feet?

Maybe they were "new" and just got cold feet?

Good possibility, but they still should have called and let them know. I know I'm a HUGE worry-wort and I'd have been a wreck. Not calling was a major gaffe on their part. JMO :)

Back