New to Poly New to Florida

mwlynn

I'm a 48 yr old Single Pagan woman{not Wiccan} Bi and poly curious as I have not experienced either as a lifestyle but having been @ Pagan events with poly groups. Friends have always been in many different lifestyles with me always on the outside looking in.
So,I am new but not naive.
Perhaps I am a late bloomer to how I live and the dynamics of a relationship.

Lot of questions and probably much more I could say but this seems to be a natural progression for the path my life will take.

Last edited:
I have a totally unsubstantiated and unscientifically tested idea that a higher percentage of poly women tend to be Pagan than is true of the average US population.

And I did have one date with a Wiccan polyamorist but we turned out to be a rather bad personality fit. (There was a lot of slapstick and talking at cross-purposes. In retrospect it was very, very funny...at the time, not so much!)

Anyway.

I suppose the prime consideration for someone entering a poly relationship is whether they are able to avoid wanting to possess a partner. That seems obvious, but if one has a tendency to fall in head-over-heels in love and want to be with the other person every second of the day then poly may be a struggle. I think that it takes a certain mindset to say, "It's time for you to go back to her, because you need her and she needs you. I'll phone you tomorrow and maybe we can see each other again in a few days" -- to say that to someone you love dearly, and feel good about it.

You've come to a good place to ask questions -- I'm a newbie, but many of the people here are exceptionally wise and very, very open. Welcome!

welcomewagon.gif
If you are close to Jax, and are interested in a face-to-face poly meet-up, let me know! A small group of poly friends and I meet up for poly discussion every month.

hey! I used to live in Florida! I was in Orlando...i'm so sick of disney :(
anyway, welcome! In my experience, pagan circles usually manifest through redundancy. As to say, going to multiple pagan events, and belonging to multiple pagan circles. Eventually you find people who like, who are of like mind and magick happens hahaha.
...................................................................oh snap! ^pagan^ knowledge

Back