appreciating community

Miquera

Hello,

My name is Miquera. I am not new to poly though I have little experience and don't know many polys (aside from my father, who though deeply believes in poly, and taught me about it in theory from an early age, never really made it work in his life). I came here in search of some guidance and simply someone to talk to. Most of acquaintances I know are not even ready to hear what poly is yet, my close friends - I'm the one who educated them in the first place, and the few who do know about it, have zero practical experience.
I work through things in my life through talking, and I have come to a point where I am just at a complete loss to who to turn to. I have been very blessed in my life to always have quite an array of people to spill to, but somehow I have passed most of my peers in my life in so many respects, and my parents are no longer people who can help me. It is odd to me to have this feeling of desperation - A longing for some cute old couple who are madly in love and always have been who are soul mates and cookie-cutter perfect for each-other - but who have deeply explored and lived comfortably with poly and who can sit down with me by a fire and simply tell me about their life so I can feel assured. Grandma's tend not to have this topic in their bag of sage words.

It is lovely to see that despite distance and cultural differences and varying levels of novice, people are coming together to support each-other on a lifestyle of a relative minority. Even if I don't find any answers, it is nice to simply bear witness to that.

Welcome to the boards. I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding some good words of wisdom around here.

If Wisdom you seek, pearls there are.
And of course the ever popular definitions bit, in the event that the slang here differs from your fathers.

Welcome. I hope you find getting to know everyone helpful and some great advice and caring "shoulder" when needed!

Thanks for your warm welcome

Thank you all for replying to both my posts. It served very well to calm my mind when it is not an appropriate time in my life for it to be the priority thought. I am in the midst of final exams and less than a week away from my flight to spend the holidays in Germany and France with my sweetheart. (These being both the reasons I needed help getting it off my mind for now and also the reasons I cannot reply back right away.) Please understand that I am not ignoring or abandoning either conversation thread - I would like to respond to what all of you have said - I simply need to put them on hold, and I will return and respond in due time after my return.
Thank you again
Miquera

Back