Greetings and Salutations

Cattywampus

Good Afternoon,

I just wanted to say hello as I finally got around to registering after reading and lurking for a bit. I stumbled into polyamory about a year and a half ago, and essentially spent the first year researching. Unlike other folks whom I have met, I came to poly single. Also, unlike most of the other lovely poly ladies I have met, I am not interested in women. I eventually started seeing a wonderful man, but for several (very good) reasons I am only able to see him on a limited basis. I knew this going in, and do not expect this to change. He and his others have been great mentors to me thus far. Things on this front are good.

And then the reality: I live in the woods. There aren't many people here. I am getting to a point where I am comfortable enough to start considering an additional (and perhaps more central) relationship.

So, I am here. To listen, to bounce ideas, to ask questions, and just to network.

Be well, be happy.

Hello Cattywampus,
Welcome to our forum.

So I take it this guy you're seeing has other (romantic) relationships, whereas you just have your (romantic) relationship with him? Sort of a secondary-relationship-type of situation.

We have a Dating & Friendships subforum that you might find useful. And you may find many other threads (and boards) here that call to you. Post any questions that you have.

It is good that you could join us; it sounds like you have done your homework. I wish you the very best on the road ahead.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the warm welcome. You have summarized the situation correctly, and I may check out that link.

Be well.

Back