Fun post-Mistakes you have made when you are not "out"

sweetersong

Or Out to a certain group of people.

Other than close friends no one knows I am searching for a girlfriend with my husbands blessing, mainly because he doesn't feel at this time he is ready for others to know.

Anyway, I posted on my 5:2 diet facebook group that I may fast on Sunday if I don't have a date that day, and only remembered 45 minutes later that one of my husbands team at work is on that group, and swiftly deleted my post, don't think she saw, thank goodness she starts work at 8am

I'm out and always have been, but that's not true of others I've been involved with.

One time, when I was visiting an ex and her primary boyfriend, they were very clear that they are not out to all but a handful of people. The ex's daughter and their roommate were not in that handful, and that we had to be descreet. I was there for a week. During that time:

Both the roommate and daughter woke up in the morning twice to find her primary sleeping on the couch instead of me, and most likely figured out that I was in bed with her.

On one of those occasions, the daughter actually saw us in bed with out arms around each other.

She kissed me several times apparantly unaware that either the roommate or daughter could see us.

She left several clearly-visible bite marks on my neck, and I'm sure the room mate knew how they got there.

She kissed me infront of several of her friends, knowing they were watching.

Probably other things I've forgotten.

Those people had a funny idea about what "discretion" means...

A friend asked me why I was leaving an event early, and I replied that I had to go pick up my boyfriend. She looked at me strangely and said, "Uh, what about your husband?" I had to explain that I was poly, and I had no idea how she would take it out of the blue like that. Thankfully, she high fived me and told me, "You go girl!"

A friend asked me why I was leaving an event early, and I replied that I had to go pick up my boyfriend. She looked at me strangely and said, "Uh, what about your husband?" I had to explain that I was poly, and I had no idea how she would take it out of the blue like that. Thankfully, she high fived me and told me, "You go girl!"

That's good. I told one of my close friends the other day, planned, but wasn't sure how she would take it. Turned out she has a few friends that are Poly so wasn't much of a shock to her

MrS and I were out to dinner with his parents and the subject came up of how hard it is for me to get out of bed in the morning and how I hit "snooze" for an hour and drive him crazy.

MrS gave me a significant look as I was talking and I had to quickly modify the end of the story...which usually involves me sleepily clambering over Dude to reach the back up alarm clock and often inadvertently injuring him in the process...doh.

(They know Dude lives with us...but not the nature of the relationship - the assumption is that he sleeps on the couch.)

JaneQ

Back