Peace and joy and love

I don't post enough when things are going well. It's all doom and gloom all the time and really my life isn't like that at all. Last weekend was our season opener for roller derby. We won the game by a significant margin. My husband, RP, PN, LB, my best friend and her son and my mother in law all came out to watch me play. It's so awesome to have that support and to be able to share something I love with people who I love.

A fellow who I've been talking to on line also came to watch the game. I can't see things developing into more than a friendship with him (although I strongly suspect he would like it to be more). He and his wife are unicorn hunter types, which doesn't work for me. I do enjoy talking with him though.

Then at the after party I got to hang out and celebrate to bad live music with both my loves. I hope that they are both as comfortable as I am when we're all hanging out together. I like those times I have, they're special to me.

So there you are, a happy, things are going along swimmingly post :D

I'm reminded over and over again that poly brings to light all of those dark things within us that we keep hidden away from the world. There are long stretches of everything going along smoothly and then all of a sudden I'm confronted with something that I haven't had to deal with (at least on a conscious level) for a long time.

There are other things that I know are hiding in the back of my mind...stay tuned for the next freak out :D I've got to say that I'm glad that these emotional sessions are getting fewer and farther between. I don't like being the emotional basket case but when it does happen I'm thankful that I am safe to let it out. In letting it out I can let it go.

Glad to hear that today is a sunnier day for you! I really appreciate what you said in this previous post. There's always going to be "the next freak out" but it's the good and bad of poly that make it the rich experience it is. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Thanks for hanging out Friday night :) I alsways have a blast with you and RP :) Sorry I took up so much of the bed;)

Thanks for hanging out Friday night :) I alsways have a blast with you and RP :) Sorry I took up so much of the bed;)

I still had some bed...you best appologize to RP! :D I had an awesome time with you guys too. It was nice to meet your friends from the mountain.

I still had some bed...you best appologize to RP! :D I had an awesome time with you guys too. It was nice to meet your friends from the mountain.

I still don't believe she slept on the floor... Apparently I was so "tired" I didn't notice :) Hey...including the camping trip outside, this is the second time we've slept together :eek:

I still don't believe she slept on the floor... Apparently I was so "tired" I didn't notice :) Hey...including the camping trip outside, this is the second time we've slept together :eek:

Does that make us slutty, sleeping together and all? :D;)

I'm starting to be able to identify the difference between what is said to me and what I hear a lot quicker than I used to be able to. I have a tendency to listen to my inner voice who beats me up a whole bunch. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just me listening to the voice but I react to how I interpret what I've heard rather than to what was actually said. On the bright side I'm working on saying outloud what my inner voice has said as soon as I realize that it might not have been what was said in the first place...which is part of communication, right?

I've been reading some of the old threads that people have linked to in their posts. A lot of them have a lot of posts in them from Mono and RP. It's making me smile. The love and respect is so evident. I have a blog to go and read now from someone else who is very special to me for some more smiles.

So yesterday I spent looking at things that make me smile and today I went and looked at something that makes me angry. Why do I do that to myself? I know it's there and there isn't anything I can do about it and on top of it it really has SFA to do with me? And yet I still look...and get angry all over again. Perhaps I should go back to looking at something that makes me smile again.

So yesterday I spent looking at things that make me smile and today I went and looked at something that makes me angry. Why do I do that to myself? I know it's there and there isn't anything I can do about it and on top of it it really has SFA to do with me? And yet I still look...and get angry all over again. Perhaps I should go back to looking at something that makes me smile again.

Did you go with intent to find threads that made you angry, or did you happen upon them by accident, (while browsing) and they made you angry all over again ?

If with intent, there must of been a memory that set it off ? Either way, we all do those things. Eat food we know hurts us, look at things we shouldn`t, do things not good for us.

Try not to dwell on it,...or use it as a exercise in trying to see it from another angle. Either way, get yourself to a positive thought, then shut the book in your mind. :)

It wasn't a thread at all. It was pictures on facebook that I semi stumbled upon again, although I did go looking deeper than I needed to. It's all good. I'm mostly just angry on a friend's behalf...after all no one involved has done anything to me at all.

We went to see RP perform at her burlesque show last night. Mono, PN and I were all in the front row to cheer her on. She was awesome and I'm so proud of her. She had the best costume of any of the performers there. All in all it was a very cool evening. I got all dressed up too (only one of 2 in the audience who bothered). I looked like something out of a 60's B movie.

Tonight is much more low key. We're having movie night with the kids. We're introducing them to the classics...Army of Darkness :). So far they seem to be enjoying it.

There a pic that my husband posted on facebook last night. I know you can see those :)

Back