Hello

Kleeble

So, I read the book Sex at Dawn and that really opened a lot of doors for me.. and now I'm here.. haha And I was mostly looking for information! Mainly, how do group marraiges start or how do you "join" one? After reading that book it seems to me an ideal "marraige" would be between 4-8 people all living in one house. Is this common and does it work?

Haha I'm basically just trying to say "hi"...
And my name is Scot!

Hi Scot,
Welcome to our forum.

Perhaps it's the amount of monogamous conditioning? in our society ... Who knows, but as it happens, I'd say three-adult arrangements are the most "common" type of poly configuration you can find ... four-adults happens, but not as often ... five-adults or more seems to be downright unusual. And people don't always share the same household.

Having said that, I do know that "Sex at Dawn" is a highly recommended book, and may say something about where we (as a society) are headed in the future.

For now, I would suggest just soak up a lot of Polyamory.com ... Look through the various threads and boards; see what calls to you ... Post whenever you have questions. Keep in mind that everyone is different, and poly people can be quite unique. :) So what works in one polycule, may not work in another. You have to find out what works for you.

Communication, honesty, and compassion, are probably the three biggest staples that "successful" polyamorists rely on. So seek to build on those three things.

Glad you could join us, and hope you will enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

I agree, most of the live-in poly groups that I have seen have been 3 folks together, often augmented with kids.

hi Luci here and Im new.

Hello, Im Luci and new here. I find monog relationships just dont work for me, not because Im after sex with everyone but simply because I dont feel One person can satisfy all the interests of another and due to that mono breaks down. For instance One May love camping while the other loves hotels - so who compromises and so doesnt get full enjoyment. Ok only One example of why I think poly, even with its challenges, offers more to relationships but One may also love Cinema but the other Hates it so I cant see any problem with having múltiple people I find that much better than someone losing out. These May seem shallow reasons for poly but I dont want to go into too much here yet as Im new, but to me, the idea of seeing other people with honesty and openness means no ones heart gets broken by deception and 'cheating' .

I dont know much, only how i feel so I hope i havent offended anyone.

Last edited:
No offense taken here. Glad you could join us; those are certainly valid points about poly.

Back