View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 06:55 PM

I learned about polyamory from online forum. As soon as I read about it, I remembered very nearly kissing a friend of my sister's two years after I married my then husband. Then I remembered the kinds of fantasies I had as a teenager, and how often they drifted into mult-partner territory. Then I remembered how easily I got crushes even when I was in a relationship. I figured I was just kind of naturally poly.

My opportunity to find out came when my then husband admitted to me that he is bisexual. Far from being horrified, I was kind of happy to have the chance to bring up the possibility of opening our marriage. He was surprised, but after we talked he agreed.

I am much more shy and private than he is, so it took me much longer to date than it did him. In fact, he found the man who would join in a triad with us. I can't tell you how much I loved being in a triad. I kind of tried to have other relationships, but they never worked, but honestly it was ok. My ex had both boyfriends and girlfriends, and he had the time of his life. Our boyfriend mostly stuck with us, too. It went on for years before my ex got the one person he was dating at the time pregnant. You can imagine, I bet, how that eventually ended our triad.