New triad relationship :) Would love advice and feedback

dg77

Hi-

Well....until about 2 months ago, I had no idea about polyamory, or triads or anything else for that matter.

My husband J and I have been happily married for 11 years, and together for even longer. We're childless and in our mid 30's.

My dear friend J and I have been friends for over 5 years, and recently, she started hanging around with my husband and I a lot more. It was a lot of fun when the 3 of us are together. The dynamic was neat, and something really clicked. Late in August, after a bunch of drinking and goofiness, we ended up having a threesome, which was my and my husband's first. And, it was my first time with a woman. It was nothing short of amazing. And, everything felt so normal, and natural and not weird.

Well, that started more regular threesomes, and we just all became kind of inseparable. And we both started to have strong feelings towards her. What's even weirder for me is that I am a normally jealous person, and I don't feel that at all when she interacts with my husband. I am also slightly taken aback (but in a good way) about how easy it is for me to have such strong feelings for 2 people at once, and not feel bad about it.

We have just kind of let things ride- a lot of talking about feelings and expectations, just making sure things are out in the open. And it's wonderful. We're in the process of planning our first trip together.

When things started to get a little more regular and serious, I started google (thank goodness for the internets lol) and realized that there is a name/label fir this and there are other people out there like us).

I don't have rose colored glasses on-but I am truly amazed about how naturally and normally all 3 of us have fallen into this.

Looking forward to hearing from folks!

Is there anything specifically that you have questions about that you would like feedback on? It sounds like at the moment everything is going really well for the 3 of you.

Things really are. And it's funny how much it's changed the relationship I have with my husband, too, in a really positive way.

Are there any triads out there that live together? I would love to hear about the experience. Ironically, before this all started, there was discussion of her moving in with us because of a fire at her place. That is still happening, and obviously things have changed. She is likely moving in this week (we can't wait :)), and now we are talking about the future, and perhaps making it a more permanent arrangment.

Things really are. And it's funny how much it's changed the relationship I have with my husband, too, in a really positive way.

Are there any triads out there that live together? I would love to hear about the experience. Ironically, before this all started, there was discussion of her moving in with us because of a fire at her place. That is still happening, and obviously things have changed. She is likely moving in this week (we can't wait :)), and now we are talking about the future, and perhaps making it a more permanent arrangment.

My husband, partner, and I have been living together for almost a year. It has been a perfect combination of wonderful, stressful, and hard work. Our situation requires adjustments from each of us...we all sleep in the same bed, with our up to three dogs, so things can get crowded, lol. We have had to put the dogs out on occasion, and I bailed to the couch in the middle of the night once for my own comfort ;)
My husband and I have 3 children and our partner doesn't have any, she has an adjustment to a life with three teenagers, and they have an adjustment to a life with three parents.
Basically, we have found a place of comfort with everyone. It's never perfect, but it's amazing how much love can fit into one king sized bed! :)

so happy for you

we are jealous. so so so very jealous.. Hah but it sounds like we may need a larger bed :p Thanks for sharing! You are living our dream.

Last edited:
Back