Sock Puppets.

redpepper

Sometimes people decide that it might be an awesome idea to start another account so that they can manipulate conversations and troll. That might be fun and dandy to them, but its really not to others. It can cause unrest on the forum by spinning tails and playing themselves off, well, themselves. The moderators have decided that its time to start announcing sock puppets on the forum by outing them, banning their sock puppet and sometimes their IP address entirely.

If you have a sock puppet and/or another person using your IP address then be warned that if you decide to use that sock puppet to start up drama and cause unrest, you could be banned as a result and that would mean that anyone under your IP address could also be banned too.

Anything else to add on this topic II and AT?

I, for one, just want to offer a hearty thank you to the mods for taking these actions. Trolling is abhorrent, and perhaps knowing they'll be outed will cause folks to cease.
Thanks Mods!

Thanks from me too :) This most recent troll was making my troll-radar go haywire, but being new to this board I didn't know what to do about it :/

"Read your comments about trolls. What about people who get banned and come back with a new username?"

I had this question via PM and thought it would be useful to answer publicly.

Sockpuppetry is a term specifically used for someone who creates a second account to misbehave and deceive readers. If you've been banned you can come back and create another account and start again. As a consideration to us and as a way to create a positive re-start, it would be wise to approach the mods to inform us that you wish to post here again and have a fresh start under a new name. We will be following you and waiting to see if there is trouble again but suspicions would be less if we have positive communication with you.

Last edited:
Back