A fresh start

winterscoming

Howdy, I'm Winter. I am a single male who, after meeting a brilliant older woman, learned briefly about poly. I recoiled at first, thinking it was too taboo or... weird, even, I admit. But I can't help but feel something, a curiosity. I like to think I'm intelligent :)D) but I have to admit I'm new to life's adventures... so I decided to change that and reach out to a community about this curiosity.

I am 24 and from md, been in several hetero mono relationships, and currently single. I look forward to meeting like-minded people, as the real-world appear devoid of them (of course, I do not see into their "true lives!", so maybe - just maybe I have already met some of you!).

Anyways, I'm terrible at introducing myself. I'd love to learn more about others, or answer any questions. Information exchanges are the best! Here's to chatting!

-Winter

Hi! I'm new too, and I have to admit I'm excited at the prospect of an intelligent, open-minded male who's close to my age. They seem to be a rare breed :D

Where in MD are you from? I have family in the DC area.

Winter,

Welcome!

If you are in MD, check out the BMore Poly and the OPEN network on meetup.com. (If you search for polyamory and limit your area, they will show up.) BMore Poly is more Baltimore based and OPEN is centered more around DC and its suburbs. There are many poly folks in the area and those two organizations have lots of events.

Welcome!

I hope your screen name means you're a GRRM fan!

Oh, wow, thanks for the warm welcomes!

@MeeraReed: Words are wind. I'm *obsessed* with GRRM! :D

@opalescent: Aye, I am in Baltimore. Thank you for the references, I had been looking (admittedly, not long) and been disappointed to not find much out about the scene.

@skylersquirrel: From South Baltimore. DC's nice but less my style, maybe. I'm also lazy and hate traffic.

Just because it happens everytime I see your name I must mention I keep getting reminded I need to work more on a clash of kings.

It's honestly taken me this long to get to that book on my to-read list.

Oh, why was it difficult to get onto your to-read list? If its the size of the books, totally understandable. And to be fair, it has ruined other fantasy for me... nothing else is as satisfyingly cynical.

No, it's just my to-read list is that long.

Hi Winter,

I'm very late on the scene, but welcome, let me say welcome. I hope we are able to answer some of your questions (as well as ask some).

I've been officially poly since 2006; went through quite an internal revolution (about things in general) prior to that. I would have never predicted how I would have ended up ... :eek:

I suspect there are many poly people who can't "go public" about it, many who don't know a poly community exists, and many who are poly and don't realize it.

Have you found Polyamory.com to your liking so far? There certainly is a lot to read (and post) here.

Glad to have you amongst us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back