Good evening/nos da

caitlin

Hello from South Wales. I am a new non-lurker, taking a quick bracing plunge to say hello and mangle some metaphors...

Don't particular see myself as poly, but am one of those strange "friends with benefits" creatures which suits where I am at the moment.I have a couple of sgnificant others. One is a loving, non-sexual connection with a man with ties elsewhere. Other is a man in open relationship who I see on a "FwB" footing when his and my scedules allow.

I am interested in meeting available other(s) for affectionate and sexual relationship that is something more than casual, but less than "full-on". According to an OKCupid test I rated as "Heavenly perfection" on their Polyamory test - whatever that means!:)
http://www.okcupid.com/quizzy/results?quizzyid=3137663208338007251&userid=445456277760073596
I thought I'd find out a bit more, so here I am...

Hi and welcome!

I am interested in meeting available other(s) for affectionate and sexual relationship that is something more than casual, but less than "full-on".
I like this decription! There are a few of us here who seek the same or similar type of relationship. There is a discussion thread for "solo" people where we talk about our ideal situations and what we want. That is here: Solo poly people - what's your ideal? Even though you think you are not technically poly, you are welcome to post there.

Personally, I don't think having casual, less committed relationships excludes us from identifying or considering what we practice as polyamory. But it's not the labels that are important, anyway.

Thank you for that, nycindie - Much appreciated. Am aware that everyone is vert different, but also aware of a certain underlying philosophy regarding polyamory which I can respect, but may not share.

Agree that at one levels labels are merely that, but they can also be helpful, sometimes!

Will check out thread indicated - many thanks.

Croeso!

One of the things I love about the whole poly phenomenon is that many different desires and wishes are accepted, explored and celebrated.

Hope you find what you see!

Hello caitlin,
Welcome to our forum.

Whatever label you use, I hope you'll feel at home here. There's a "Dating & Friendships" area (see "Forum Jump" menu at the bottom of this page, right hand side) where you might be able to look for people to meet, though I couldn't say how accomodating it will be to your locality as I haven't visited that part of Poly.com before.

Anyway, it's good to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

You're quite welcome.

Happy to welcome a fellow taff. The good thing about polyamory that it is a very wide thing so you can be any "type" of polyamorist you want.

Thanks/Diolch!

Nice to hear from fellow-Taff.

Hmm.... at what point does the word become meaningless if too "open" to varied definitions though?:confused:

Well surprisingly open I'd find. If you take polyamory to mean non-manogamous relationships some of which are at least more than casual/one night stand you still have a wide range of subsets to choose from.

Yes, lili made some good points there.

KDT

Back