Greetings from two English ladies!

GwenAndRhu

Firstly, hi!

:eek:

We're two ladies from the UK who've been together for the better part of fifteen years. Gwen (or Jenni, my real name, but I like Gwen better) and Rhu (or Vicky, again same reason).

It's fair to say we've both been there, done that. We're soulmates who've grown up together, gone through Hell and back, and somehow still managed to beat whatever the world's thrown at us. We're both of us potty about cats, computing, art, plants and... damn, too much to list right here! :eek: We've both been talking about polyamorism for a while now, and this site looks to be a great place to meet people and learn more :)

A bit of our individual backgrounds...

I (Gwen) considered Rhu my closest friend right through school, through my first (hetero) relationship and right out the other side. When she finally confessed to loving me about three years ago, my heart found its song and has been singing ever since.

Rhu here :) I'm the quieter out the two of us (online at least!). I'm less comfortable with words than emotions. I like gaming (especially World of Warcraft), and work for an animal charity. Right now I'd love a big hug from everyone because I'm feeling poorly and am having to make Gwen do all the typing! :eek:

Welcome aboard.

(((Rhu)))

Welcome; I recommend creating separate accounts if the two of you both plan to participate regularly on the forum.

Welcome!
I might be completely off-base here, but do your names mean white and red in Briton?

Welcome; I recommend creating separate accounts if the two of you both plan to participate regularly on the forum.

Thanks for the tip :) - Gwen

@ Tonberry: no... actually it's rather convoluted. My name Jennifer comes from the old Welsh Gwenhwyfar (or the more familiar spelling Guinevere, as in Queen to King Arthur). Gwenhwyfar, Gwen... I like it more than the shortened version Jenni. It's just personal taste :) And Rhu's name is a shortened version of another name she's fond of.

*shrugs* We just like to be picky I guess :D

Thanks for all the welcomes *hugs*

Ooh! Lesbians! *glomp*

I'm Mags, in a LTR with a woman, but pansexual and actively polyamorous.

Welcome to our little corner of poly heaven.

Ooh! Lesbians! *glomp*

I'm Mags, in a LTR with a woman, but pansexual and actively polyamorous.

Welcome to our little corner of poly heaven.

Rofl! :D

Hi Mags. Actually, that's a good point - we're actually bisexual, not lesbian. Damn, I should have mentioned that in the first post *hits head with stick*.

It's very telling that we love people, not gender. I actually had to sit back and think, 'yeah, actually we might come across that way because we're both women!'.

My brain's on meltdown at the moment - I should put out traffic warnings :eek:

- Gwen

Rofl! :D

Hi Mags. Actually, that's a good point - we're actually bisexual, not lesbian. Damn, I should have mentioned that in the first post *hits head with stick*.

It's very telling that we love people, not gender. I actually had to sit back and think, 'yeah, actually we might come across that way because we're both women!'.

My brain's on meltdown at the moment - I should put out traffic warnings :eek:

- Gwen

No worries, Gwen. This often happens with new people. It can be hard to determine their gender IDs and sexual preferences. We're not used to stating that upfront w a new community!

That's why I started a thread called "state your gender ID and sexual preference, please," and just bumped it again. :)

@ Tonberry: no... actually it's rather convoluted. My name Jennifer comes from the old Welsh Gwenhwyfar (or the more familiar spelling Guinevere, as in Queen to King Arthur). Gwenhwyfar, Gwen... I like it more than the shortened version Jenni. It's just personal taste :) And Rhu's name is a shortened version of another name she's fond of.

I went to check because it was bothering me. Well in Briton red is actually "ruz" and white is actually "gwenn". I guess I was kind of close! Not that it has anything to do with the actual explanation. Oh well!

Hi Gordon,

As I replied in your message, I'm here now (though only for a short while - blue-assed flies have easier lives than me sometimes :eek:).

What did you want to chat about?

- Gwen

Heh, I knew that's what this new guy was after. Sees 2 bi ladies and immediately thinks threesomes.

Ooooo tell me more :D What're your interests? And is there a way to set up a skype or msn conversation any time soon?

Teddy bears are awesome. I have a cat who thinks he's a teddy bear, but come to think of it, I think I'm a cat so no worries :D

You're not allergic to cats are you? *gulps*

Back