A Reminder

Hmm, that is a very thoughtful and moving trailer. I hope the filmmaker is able to raise funds for the documentary.

Here is a trailer for a short documentary made a few years ago, which went on to win an Academy Award, and many other awards at film festivals. This trailer makes me cry every time I see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-qtn6TTJY4

I do remember that film. It is a excellent piece of recent history. Yes, it makes me cry too. :(

It sickens me when people impose their micro-morals on others to the extent, basic rights would be lost.

I do remember that film. It is a excellent piece of recent history. Yes, it makes me cry too. :(

I met the filmmaker at a function once, shortly after she won the Oscar. It was a fundraiser for a women's filmmaking group and everyone was oohing and aahing when she walked by, "Oooh, here comes Cynthia Wade!" She's super nice and I think did a great job. She's going to produce a feature film adaptation of the story with Ellen Page as Hester's lover Stacie Andree.

A narrative feature will bring even more attention to the issues, so that's good.

Back