Time to stop lurking and join the conversation!

AlbertaRaven

Hi all, I’m Raven. You might know of me from Elemental’s blog. On and off over the past two years I’ve been lurking here, although I hadn’t been coming for some months. I’ve been in a lot lately because of Elemental. When he began writing his story I was reminded of how much I enjoy reading the forums. I want to write, too, and get your feedback about my stories and problems.

I’m 30 and have been in several poly relationships. I’ve been consciously practicing poly for about 3 years. Not so long, eh? It sure feels like longer!
Right now I am seeing James, who is 36 and is recently separated. We are not monogamous, nor are we committed, although we do have a great regular routine. It’s going very well.

I am also keeping in touch with Elemental. My feelings for Elemental have been steady since I realized how I felt, which was in April of 2012. For me my friendship with him is a lovely source of sweet feelings and love. And fun conversations. And jokes about butts.

I get to talk to Elemental about James, and vice-versa. I consider myself free to add other partners of any sort, although I’m not actively looking. I’m doing solo poly and am content with that. I don’t think I’d consider emotional monogamy again, simply because I expect always to have several sources of strong love in my life. Anyone who dates me needs to be cool with that.

I guess that's enough for an intro, eh? I plan on blogging also :)

Raven

Greetings Raven,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I'd be interested in your blog, post a link to it in this thread after you get it started.

Sounds like poly is the right style of love for you. I'm glad that you've been practicing it, and that you could join us officially and share your story. We'll try to help with any questions or concerns you may have!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi and welcome

Hello from a fellow lurker (this is my first post) and fellow Southern Albertan ;)

Cheers,
MinaRica

Reading of blog, and posting there, is now complete. :) Look forward to future readings!

Back