Phy's story - As you like it

Congratulations!

Happy anniversary, and I wish you many more.

Ry

Happy happy anniversary! :)

Thought about posting a quick update.

I have had my first half of the final examinations, all oral, all 1,3 ;) Went well. I got an offer to stay at university, which was quite tempting, but I will wait with that decision till I really finished everything.

Especially since we started the hot phase of our fertility treatment by now. I hope that this will bring some chances of success finally. This could result in some more or less great timing with my second half of the final examination in summer. I am going to start working on my examination paper in January. Enough time to get everything home and dry :)

Hope all of you are well *waves*

Hey, how are you doing?

My head is above each and every cloud out there ... we did it. I am pregnant and I can hardly believe it. :D It is all fresh and new and nothing is secure and safe yet, but geez ... what a feeling :eek:

I just wanted to let you know and hope that I can give a great update some time soon. The important appointment is next week, till then, we are hoping and wishing for the best to come our way :)

!!!!!!!!! :D

Ohmygosh, thanks for sharing this with us, Phy! Congratulations!!

Congratulations, Phy!

Hi Phy! I saw you had updated and thought gosh I hope she's pregnant :)
and you are! congratulations. I hope you feel happy and healthy and that you and Lin and Sward and Baby will be one big happy poly family!

Hi Phy! I saw you had updated and thought gosh I hope she's pregnant :)

Hi Phy and congratulations! When I saw your thread come up in the New Posts, I thought, "Phy's pregnant."

Hehe ... how did you know?! Ah well, I knew it before the test told me so, therefore I take it as a good sign ;)

I hope you feel happy and healthy and that you and Lin and Sward and Baby will be one big happy poly family!

We sure long to be one, Cleo :D Ok, the update I promised. Or at least, the back story for now.

I woke up in the dead of the night, pondering if I should or should not try a test. I was quite sure that I was pregnant but I didn't want the test to tell me otherwise of course :p As I knew, that sleep would be impossible and as I finally wanted to share my findings with Sward and Lin, because I had been quiet about everything for three days by then, I got up and went into the bathroom. I have never handled a pregnancy test before and was couriously waiting for the things to unfold the truth before my eyes.

After hardly 30 seconds I already saw the proof. Both lines were visible (it was a test that showed one line - for not pregnant and two + for pregnant) and all I could do was grin :D I hurried back to bed and cuddled up against Sward again. How to tell them?

I managed to stay in bed half an hour longer and got up when I heard Lin being awake in the study. Grumpy and taciturn, my usual self in the morning, I seated myself and waited for Sward to get up as well. When all of us were awake half an hour later I snuck back into our bedroom, got my prepared "You are going to be Daddy" material out and hid it under my clothes. I successfully managed to get everything into the bathroom and prepared my little "You are going to be Daddy" arsenal in my cupboard section. It was a book, valerian, earplugs, sleeping mask with a cool pad, a little romper suit with "Daddy's pride and joy" printed on the front and the positive test.

Then I went back to the study and waited for Sward to prepare some coffee. When the coffee was finally ready, I took a good long look at my empty cup. He noticed and asked: "Do you need anything, dear?" - "Yes - Coffee." our usual morning ritual. Sward fetches me coffee, Lin something to eat ;) When he got up and was on his way I asked: "Could you hand me the nail scissors as well?" It is always stored in my part of the cupboard.

I didn't hear a word or sound from the back till he came back and handed me scissors and coffee. "Here you are. They were next to the toilet." Nothing more. I started cutting my nails with irritation, I remembered that I used them to open the test and forgot about them there and thought about how I should send him again, to take a look into the cupboard.

A minute later Sward asked me what I was doing. "Reading some forum." When I looked at him I saw the corner of his mouth twitch and knew instantly that he had seen everything. "Did you look into the cupboard when you searched for the scissors?" But he was unable to say anything else and started crying instantly. I had to calm him down and we hugged and Lin ... didn't get it :rolleyes:

When I asked him to return the scissors to their usual place, he went, came back and didn't say anything as well. Both, Sward and I, looked at him and asked "Did you put the scissors into the cupboard?" - "Öhm, ... well yes? ..." Lin looked at me and murmured: "Shouldn't this be a surprise for Sward? I thought I should prepared something there ..." He knew that Sward had asked to be informed first in case of preagnancy because it was biologically his and that it should be a surprise as well. I guess it was still too early in the morning and Lin hasn't been right awake :p

Ah well, after everything was solved we hugged and Sward cried a bit more and in the end we started to talk about the possible pitfalls ahead, how long we would have to wait till it was secure to talk about the pregnancy and so on. The danger of a miscariage is still high, but I am so positive about this ... I don't know where this comes from, but I hope for the best.

Congratulations!! So thrilled for you all! :)

Well, I am thrilled as well, but in an ... hm ... torn kind of way. My appointment with my gynaecologist brought some truths to light: I am expecting twins :eek: I am still in a bit of a shock, to be honest. One child is a big responsibility. Two are ... a whole mountain of work. At least that is my impression right now. We will see if the saying "growing with the tasks you are presented with" is true ;)

And NOW I am excited for sure what will come out of this. :eek:

Duh. You're poly. Just one child? Poppycock!

I am so thrilled for all of you. And yes I've heard twins are exponentially more work than one child. But you have more than the usual support system too :)

Yeah ... let's hope two men equal less stress with two children around :D And not add up in a way or two :rolleyes:

Just kidding ^.^ Curious when the light shock will wear off, I can still hardly believe it. Even though we need to be realistic. Everything is really early still, many things could go wrong. Therefore we try not to be too euphoric.

Back