Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Now that my daughters' issues have subsided to a dull roar, and the snow has finally melted, my gf and I finally seem to have some time to relax and really enjoy life again. We were together for 2 1/2 days of naked cuddling, lots of fun talk and laughter, good cookin,' movie watching, several yummy sex sessions, and a trip to the Boston Flower Show on a rare 70 degree March day!

We clung to each other and got teary when I had to leave her yesterday afternoon, so in love are we. I had to get home for work. She was going to her bf's last night. I kinda got the idea she'd rather I stayed...

She spent hours over those days updating her resume and writing a cover letter to apply for job at Expedia. Please, dear Isis, Athena, Hermes and whatever other gods are good at this, let her get this job!

Poly all around :)

We had a great "tribal" day today. A friend of ours from our poly community was moving (as are most of our friends), and put an emergency call out for people to load her moving truck. She was severely undermanned for this part of her move and definitely needed help.

Redpepper, PN, LB, and I all changed our plans and headed out as a family to lend a hand. It didn't take long, but they had a lot of big furniture, which required some extra hands. Afterwards we enjoyed pizza and beer before resuming our days.

I was on my bike, so I headed over to Derby's house to visit my dear metamour and her hubby. We chatted for an hour about many things from work to this forum. Then it was off to ride some more. I ran into RP downtown so we went burlesque costume shopping for an hour. During our shopping, RP got confirmation that Leo and his family were in for our annual May camping trip.

I often forget how big our little community here actually is.

We had a great "tribal" day today. A friend of ours (form our poly community as are most of our friends) was moving and put an emergency call out for people to load her moving truck. She was severely undermanned for this part of her move and definitely needed help.
Redpepper, PN, LB, and I all changed our plans and headed out as a family to lend a hand. It didn't take long but they had a lot of big furniture which required some extra hands. After wards we enjoyed pizza and beer before resuming our days.

I was on my bike so I headed over to Derby's house to visit my dear metamour and her hubby. We chatted for an hour about many things from work to this forum. Then it was off to ride some more where I ran into RP downtown so we went burlesque costume shopping for an hour. During our shopping RP got confirmation that Leo and his family were in for our annual may camping trip.

I often forget how big our little community here actually is.
I loved that our friend said that she loved that she put the word out and we all came. "Nothing like a whole tribe to the rescue," she said. :D

We had another great day of family togetherness. :) We are getting the yard ready for summer and had our first BBQ of the season! We all got to say hi to my parents over Skype. It's great to have such openness and harmony within our families and tribe. Things are pretty damn good and my love for RP continues to grow. :)

Indigo said he's looking forward to me going to visit Mr. A this weekend. He likes that it makes me happy, and he enjoys his Indigo time, too.

I do believe they call that compersion!

sharing success and happiness

I'm doing great today, fighting that "scrape me off the ceiling" feeling. :D (I know, who would fight that, right?! But i'm trying to keep a balance, as best I can).

I saw Bob Seger in concert Saturday night. Front row! Bob Seger shook my hand!

I'm in a great place with my husband, Sundance. He has been to hell and back the past few weeks, and I am so fucking proud of him!!! He's been doing some tough self-discovery work, and I am seeing the payoffs, big time. He has grown more confident and secure in himself, and I am finding him irresistibly sexy, which in turn makes him feel more confident and secure, which in turn leads to me desperately wanting to give him a blowjob, which leads me to his morning shower, which leads to a very nice start to Sundance's day, I believe. ;)

Then I went to Butch Cassidy's place and had some great FWB fun, and felt happy to come back home to my wonderful home that I share with my wonderful husband and our beautiful family.

Scrape me off the ceiling, for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another update!

I'm not pretending there are not challenges for me and Redpepper, everything is not all flowers and butterflies but I want to continue sharing our adventure on this thread:)

Tonight I was invited to Redpepper's parents house for a family supper. It was relaxed, incredible and so natural for all of us to be together. Her brother was there as well as a deep family friend of hers. We felt like family; Redpeppper felt it, I caught her looking around and looking so full. Her parents do not know about us yet and that is absolutely fine by me:) I think we could wait a lot longer in my opinion for things to settle out..not to mention it's gonna get awkward!! They accept me as a friend and that is enough for me LOL!!

All of us would have been friends regardless of my involvement in their family I think. We are all doing great in the moment:D

Absolutely wonderful! I think you are transitioning into everything family in the right way! Lucky boy! :)

A 'neat' moment....

I am looking through paperwork, being very business absorbed, and my husband walks up to kiss me. He lifts up the jade pendant that my boyfriend just gave me, and says, "Oh, is this from Ariakas? It's pretty." Kisses me, hugs me, and tells me it suits me. :)

We had another great day of family togetherness:) We are getting the yard ready for summer and had our first BBQ of the season! We all got to say hi to my parents over Skype. It's great to have such openess and harmony within our families and tribe. Things are pretty damn good and my love for RP continues to grow :)

This is REALLY beautiful and warming. I hope, hope, hope, hope this happens for me.
-MG (doh! almost signed my real name)

Looking through paperwork... my husband walks up to kiss me. He lifts up the jade pendant my boyfriend just gave to me, and says "Oh, is this from Ariakas? It's pretty." Kisses me, hugs me, tells me it suits me.

That is awesome and beautiful :)

Why no updates?

Redpepper mentioned that I haven't updated this thread in a while. I thought about it and it is honestly only because of one reason; things are really good and what's more important is that this goodness is really consistent!

If anyone asked me what it takes to make me feel grounded in a my mono/poly relationship, it is the balance of pleasure and pain. Well, that balance is currently heavily tilted towards pleasure. :) Things are very settled with our families, with our cohabitation, and with our connection. One of the biggest signs of success for me is that I no longer think about the nature of our relationship all the time. But I do still think about our relationship and revisit how it works and where it is headed.

How many good family suppers can I share? How many times can I say I love living with my chosen family? How many times can I say I love Redpepper with more depth and confidence than ever?

Things are very good. We have lots of success and happiness, and very little of that came easy. It's hard work that got us here and lots more that will keep us here. :)

This is an awesome thread. I am reading it all while my former bf/current roomie is trimming his new gf's hair. My current bf is sitting right next to me playing Dead Space 2. I just had my hair trimmed too.

We all had brunch just a bit ago. My ex and I cooked, since it is our house. I am enjoying this. It's almost too good to be true.

Last night we all sat around eating and talking, making fun of our Warcraft vs. Halo alliances, and comparing sex codes. (Me and my new guy "go to the circus" and the roomie and his hot lady friend "practice their morse code".)

And my dog is sitting here happy because instead of just two people, he now has four human servants. :eek:

Friday night I was feeling pretty low, just tired and still down about the libido issue (see my blog) and I was worried it was affecting TP more than I was being told. I'm paranoid like that when I have the issue and no immediate solution.

I ended up chatting with Mr. A for a little bit about it, both issues and it was very reassuring. The next morning he messaged me and asked if I was feeling any better. It made the world of difference to be able to chat with him, since there's not really anyone else who can understand the nuances of my situation without a lot of explanation.

My wife has good taste in men. ;)

In the past few months, I've had a few downs thinking about the two men that I'm not with (Raga and my interest), and Seamus has been a great source of comfort and support. It makes me so happy I have someone I can talk to about other men I love, not feel hurt by it, and even encourage it. And he always has the right words. To me, that's definitely a poly success. :)

Redpepper mentioned that I haven't updated this thread in a while. I thought about it and it is honestly only because of one reason; things are really good and what's more important is that this goodness is really consistent!
If anyone asked me what it takes to make me feel grounded in a my mon/poly relationship it is the balance of pleasure and pain. Well, that balance is currently heavily tilted towards pleasure :)
Things are very good...we have lots of success and happiness...and very little of that came easy. It's hard work that got us here and lots more that will keep us here :)

Say it lots! It is a good way to affirm that no matter the tribulations, the triumphs are increasing and make it all worth the effort! Thank you my friend.:)

Back