Single Parenting how does it work with Poly

I am curious about the life of those who are parents but not married yet are poly and in multiple relationships.

Were you married to your child's other parent? Were/are they mono or poly? How has life been with dating, possibly single parenting but maybe co-parenting, for you?

Just trying to get my thoughts figured out. Thanks in advance to any that respond.

Were you married to your child's other parent?

No. We were a couple from when I was 15 until I was 22.

Were/are they mono or poly?

No. However, looking back, I feel that our boundaries for emotional relationships with other people were broader than the majority of monogamous couples. It was if we thought as long as we didn't have sex with other people, our relationship was still "real" and "serious".

How has life been with dating, possibly single parenting but maybe co-parenting, for you?

Good, for the most part. Right now, my son is at his dad's for his routine fortnightly visit. I spend these weekends with one or more partners. I am not working/studying at the moment and my partner is self employed so I can also spend some days with him whilst my son was at school.

The reason I can date and be a single parent is because I still have an active co-parent in my ex as well as a supportive extended family. Otherwise, I don't know what I would be doing, but sex with anyone other than myself would be rare.

Back