Not poly, another variation...negotiated infidelity.

Yea - a lot of our beliefs and experiences line up completely with this.
We're both firm believers that prostitution should be legalized AND respected for the important role it can serve.
Sexual needs/desires drive far too many otherwise loving, compatible couples apart.
Until sexual fulfillment becomes as openly discussed and accepted as other personal fulfillment needs then "cheating" will always be the rule.
Which is why you won't see us "come down" hard on examples of cheating on here. Is it desirable ? NO ! Is it one of the only viable options available to many people ? YES !

GS

"Negotiated infidelity" is nothing more than an open relationship that marketing folks got hold of.

Sheesh.

This reminds me of the "New Monogamy" that Tammy Nelson was writing about that oddly involves fucking other people, in other words, is not monogamy.

Immaterial

This reminds me of the "New Monogamy" that Tammy Nelson was writing about that oddly involves fucking other people, in other words, is not monogamy.

Immaterial

Well said LOL! Some one else trying to cash in and looking for a catch phrase.

There are a number of generalizations in that article that grate on my nerves ...

I'd become a cheating whoooore if I couldn't have poly, but I'm female. However, I'm not narcissistic or feel entitled to it ... I just meet too many people that I love or want to explore, where ever that may end. From times in the past when I've crossed that line into cheating, well, I was miserable. Hiding doesn't suit me AT ALL.

100% agreement with GroundedSpirit regarding prostitution and cheating.

Back