View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix762 View Post
Generally, I AM happy by myself, but sometimes, I do miss another like mind to communicate with....but the sexual part?
I don't seem to want that near as much as other normal people...

Thing is, most sexually healthy people don't want that, you know? So....I just stay by my lonesome. I already made 2 men miserable.
You didn't make those men miserable. They made themselves miserable via unrealistic expectations. They are *always* responsible for their own happiness.

I'll suggest dropping the codependent thinking and let them take responsibility for themselves. Then go find some folks compatible with you who don't expect you to be more sexual than you are and would be delighted to have another person grace their lives. There are other folks in the world with low-revving sex drives, just as there are folks who get enough sex elsewhere that they need much from a new partner--go find some.

The short version: Take responsibility for your shit and let others take responsibility for theirs and I imagine you'll find a bit more to enjoy in living.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.