The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Car accident. Right leg badly broken. Nose broken, three ribs broken....

I'll keep you in my thoughts, River. Focus on feeling better.

Gawd, I hope this one time of crying wolf doesn't forever create a general skepticism toward me in here. I never have lied like this to y'all before, I promise. And this will be the last time. And sorry if any of you were worried about me!

It's just that I noticed that folks were generally not responding to my posts when all was outragiously happy and good. I had to test the hypothesis that suffering gets more responses than joy.

I'm very well and happy. No broken bones -- unless one of you all does it to me. There wasn't really an accident. Yet. All is good.

I'm a scientist. A hypothesis needs testing. Sorry!

It's just that I noticed that folks were generally not responding to my posts when all was outragiously happy and good. I had to test the hypothesis that suffering gets more responses than joy.

Perhaps because we can all relate to pain and suffering, but few of us get to experience the joy you've been radiating of late.

Hard to relate to something you don't experience :p

Or if you're reading something that yeah, you do relate to it, but right now you would give your right arm for a freaking nap... in that case, I'm barely registering that people are posting ;)

You cheeky monkey!

Oh, I just hope my Sweetie in Minnesota reads on before panicking about her Sweetie in New Mexico!

I'm a very bad, bad, mean monkey!

I'm so sorry!:(

Gawd, I hope this one time of crying wolf doesn't forever create a general skepticism toward me in here. I never have lied like this to y'all before, I promise. And this will be the last time. And sorry if any of you were worried about me!

I'm very well and happy. No broken bones -- unless one of you all does it to me. There wasn't really an accident. Yet. All is good.

I'm a scientist. A hypothesis needs testing. Sorry!

Douchebag move. Totally.

Car accident. Right leg badly broken. Nose broken, three ribs broken....
when i read it i thought you were talking about someone else' legs, nose, ribs, like snoopy after skiing... :rolleyes:

Douchebag move. Totally.

Guilty as charged.

Next time I want some response to my blog posts, etc., I'll just light my hair on fire like a grown up.

Guilty as charged.

Next time I want some response to my blog posts, etc., I'll just light my hair on fire like a grown up.

Or, post for your own enjoyment, not for scooby-snacks.

The same thing happened to ariakas and I, when we were dating. He would post some-kind of happiness, and virtually be ignored, or get the 'thats nice' kind of responses. We laughed about it, and shrugged our shoulders. I told him once we broke up, people would be all in his back pocket again. :p

The point is,..if people are there for you when it really counts, when the chips are down, that is what matters.

When you are flying high, and sailing, of course nobody else can keep up to you.

Now ....grow up.

Doing well. Went to hot yoga last night and sweated my worries away! It's amazing how much that helps me work through little issues. Got a full night's sleep, and am almost done working, so I can head home and get ready to Skype with hubs tonight! :)

Had an awesome weekend and was sad when it ended. Especially since work was drama central today. I'm stressed out over something that I don't even officially know yet. Runic Wolf was awesome though, he let me vent when I got home and then let me sit down with the Dresdin Files to relax.

Can't say i'm doing bad, per say.

Introspective perhaps? With a dash of frustrated and melancholy on the side.

I've been taking a long, hard look at my life over today and the situation I find myself in. I need to change things. I know what I need to change and what I want to do. It's just figuring out how to make the changes to my life I need to do without going deeper into debt/depression.

I don't need to be joyous. I need to be content.

Yea, I'd settle for that right now.

Content is good! Very good. Ultimately, it's all good. Breathing is good.

Back