Help! I'm sure someone has the answer...

Seasnail

I would really like to turn off the option that sends me email from this forum. I enjoy checking in and reading every once in a while, but I don't need any email reminders that someone has posted after me cluttering up my box.

Is there a way to turn them off? Would someone share it with me? I'd be very grateful.

Go to User CP > Edit Options. Then scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode and select Do Not Subscribe.

After doing so, you will no longer automatically be subscribed/receive emails about threads you've simply posted to. BUT if you want to subscribe to a particular thread after doing that, you can always go up to the Thread Tools link at the top of a thread and select to subscribe to a thread in the little drop-down box that appears. Then you will only receive notification of the ones you really want.

Last edited:
To unsubscribe to all of your existing subscriptions you can go to user cp. Lselect list subscriptions.. You can use the checkbox to check everything and then the drop down at the bottom to unsubscribe to bulk threads.

But if you like to see which threads you've subscribed to have new posts, you could always set up a filter in your email to catch the poly forum mails and move them elsewhere.

Gmail. I tried the first suggestion, and clicked "unsubscribe". I'll try the second option now, and see if I can filter the email if that doesn't work.

Oh, I see. I hadn't "subscribed" to anything. It just emails me every time someone responds to something I've written, and THAT is what I'd like to avoid.

Gmail. I tried the first suggestion, and clicked "unsubscribe". I'll try the second option now, and see if I can filter the email if that doesn't work.

You'll need to be on the web interface (not using another client or smartphone) and if you grab the sender or a partial subject from one of your messages, you should be able to set it up no problem.

If you can't, let me know and I'll tell you how I have my filters set up.

You'll need to be on the web interface (not using another client or smartphone) and if you grab the sender or a partial subject from one of your messages, you should be able to set it up no problem.

If you can't, let me know and I'll tell you how I have my filters set up.

Yeah, I set it to archive them instead of going to my inbox just now, but the email from your post came through...:confused: maybe you squeaked in right under the wire?

Back