Still reading the Master Thread

Numina

My husband and I have talked for years about the type of poly lifestyle we would like to live. In the past few months we have met someone, and are creating our poly family. It is not easy and we have had many bumbs.

We found these forums a long time ago (about 12 years). I have recently begun reading the forums. So far I'm sticking to the Master Thread.

Aside from saying hello, I'm not ready to start postting to threads. So Consider me a lurker? :p Perhaps later on I'll start a journal or blog.

So far I feel I have learned alot from the information available, and I'm strongly suggesting that my partners do some reading as well.
Thanks for creating such a lively and informative community.

Hi and welcome! Just a tip: if you click on User CP (top left) and go into your settings, you can set your default page reading view to 40 posts per page. This means less clicking thru to the next page - and that makes reading long threads much easier!

Excellent, many thanks nycindie.

Hi Numina,

I am a little late on the draw, but I just wanted to say welcome to our forum. You've obviously noticed that there's a lot of good reading material here. Hope you will not be shy about posting too whenever you have thoughts or questions to share.

I hope some of those bumps have smoothed out for you. Poly isn't always easy, but it is rewarding.

Glad to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi Numina,

I am a little late on the draw, but I just wanted to say welcome to our forum. You've obviously noticed that there's a lot of good reading material here. Hope you will not be shy about posting too whenever you have thoughts or questions to share.
Thanks for the welcome. :)
It's not so much that I'm shy per say. It's more that I'm a very private person, and not really comfortable sharing my personal life in a semi public space.

I hope some of those bumps have smoothed out for you. Poly isn't always easy, but it is rewarding.

Some bumps have been worked around, others have been smoothed over, but there are still some to be worked on. And I'm sure more will crop up as time goes on.
The biggest obsticle is time. There's a large lack of time in my world. I've seen others comment on similar problems in their poly relationships, and find it nice to see that I'm not the only one.

I'm just glad to see that the online poly community has grown, and has so many helpful insites. When My husband and I were first talking about poly, there wasn't much available online. We had watched some documentaries. I don't recall the names (titles). But from what I remember they were mostly positive (or at least didn't have a serious negitive slant).

Before we got too far into our current relationship with our new partner we watched a web series called "the Family" by 3dog pictures. (Being at work I can't provide a link). And I looked up Polyanna (which was one of the first poly sites We had looked at many, many years ago) and found this site by looking for other poly resources.

So Back to the Master thread. :)

Re:
"The biggest obsticle is time. There's a large lack of time in my world. I've seen others comment on similar problems in their poly relationships, and find it nice to see that I'm not the only one."

Yeah, time can be a problem. Love is a limitless resource, but time (and energy) has its limit. One must learn to be a bit of a juggler in a poly life, I think.

Anyway, glad to hear you're working on the issues, and getting things figured out here and there. One day at a time, as they say.

my blog

I decided that I'm ready to put my journey into a blog. I'm not quick to express myself, but from what I have read and seen on these forums, I've decided that starting my own blog can be a big benefit to me, and possible to others.

So here's my blog in these forums.

Back