says he needs the space

Key1

Hi all I have been with my partner for 5 years this coming friday but 2 weeks ago I came home from work and all his things were gone and he left me a note saying thank you for the good times and a load of other stuff. Now he has admitted to planning this for about a month and I did not know a thing but looking back I did notice things were not right. We had an argument 3 years ago and ended up using fists. He says that he has never been able to get over this and has always been living on egg shells. I see the point as things were seriously going down hill. For a week we did not talk as he threw away his phones but now im getting loads of txt from him saying that he loves me and miss me. I tell him the same. The weekend just gone we planned on meeting up and stayed in a hotel. It was probably one of the best weekends we have ever had. He says that he needs time to heal and is not sure if he wants to get back with me saying "if its meant to be its meant to be". I love him so much and I really want this to work. I have promised him that things will be differnt and that we both need to talk to each other if things ever get this bad again. A lot of fear was that he was living on my housing licence and if I ever kicked him out he would have to move and lose his job. This time I have said I was happy to move to his country so that we can try and work things but he says that he needs to think about it and that if we did then he will know what to do if things got bad again. Can anyone help me with this situation and how should I aproach it? I do reply to his messages and he does say that he miss me otherwise he would jot be texting. Im really confused. My rental contract on this house is up in 3 months so would really like to know where ill be living after then. I just hope its with hom again.
Thank you for your replys

Sorry I should also of said when he left he closed our bank accounts but has paid his half of all the bills.

The reason im posting here is beacuse im so in love with him and im at a loose end as to what to think. I was hoping that people on here would be able to give me some advice? Am I on the right forum?

Listen. You sound like a psycho-stalker from hell. I say this because of what YOU wrote. Someone has to be pretty fucking afraid of a person to do what this man did - leaving the COUNTRY, no less. It sounds like he was in fear of his life, that he had to make an ESCAPE PLAN to get away from his ABUSER (you).

Leave him alone. Get help. No, this is not the right forum. You want abuseenablers.com.

Back