What did you do today that made you smile?

Oddly enough, woke up this morning in a hotel...in another city...with Cotton Kandy. :D A Night away for a night of play. :p

Had a great day with the hubby (end of our anniversary vacation). I have a turkey, mushroom and cauliflower dish in the oven, and I am relaxing tonight prior to going to back to work tomorrow.:)

Also was on the Polymatchmaker site and messaged a guy whose profile I liked, and that hubby felt comfortable with.

I accomplished something at work that I've never done before.

I had the talk with my son, which surprises me, he has Asperger's Disorder, an autism spectrum disorder which makes social situations difficult, anyway, he has a girlfriend at 12, I'm nervous, but proud, my little man is growing up, and has a shot at a normal life.

I had the talk with my son, which surprises me, he has Asperger's Disorder, an autism spectrum disorder which makes social situations difficult, anyway, he has a girlfriend at 12, I'm nervous, but proud, my little man is growing up, and has a shot at a normal life.
Lucky, have you ever thought about enrolling him in a martial arts class? I had a student who was diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder....When he came to me, he held his head down, looked at the ground, and was not able to be around others in a social setting. After 6 months in my classes, he was training with the rest of the class, competing (AND WINNING) in martial arts tournaments, making friends, and generally becoming a normal child.......Then, after two years of training with me, his mom stopped bringing him in to training, citing money woes. I offered to let him train on a scholarship basis. I really cared for this kid and wanted the best for him. She ignored the offer. He spiraled down hill immediately. Within 3 months, he was hospitalized in a mental institution. :( His mom admitted that it was likely due to removing him from class. I re-upped my offer, and was ignored. So sad really.....

Something to look into. ;) I hope the best for your young one.

Today, I got off work early. :)

Thanks, unfortunately, we can't afford martial arts, the only dojo in town is really expensive. We got him into swimming at the YMCA, and that's helping a lot, it's where he met his girlfriend, who shares many of his issues. Also, walking to school has helped him a lot, it burns some energy off before he has yo go and behave for the day.

Pulled an all nighter last night. :) havent done that in YEARS!

Finally finished my woodblock for my friend's birthday! Just need to do clean-up on it and decide how to color. I worked it out on Photoshop and am ready to finish. Yay! *does happy dance*

Last edited:
Back