Greetings from Kentucky

KYTriad

Hello all!

Just wanted to stop in and say how happy I am to have found this forum for the support and obvious friendships that exist. We are new to the poly scene and still experiencing the rollercoaster of coming out to family members and friends. For us, it has not been easy.

I am a divorced mother of two little girls (currently 4 and 6), whose father is not very involved with them at all, unless it is to cause trouble. I met W and A (we will leave out names for the ease of it) when I rented property from them. W was a small town preacher and he became a source of friendship where I could voice my concerns for my girls and whether or not I was giving them all I could. I later met his wife of 28 years A and we hit it off. She was concerned, in the beginning, that I was "after her husband" because I had a tendency of dating older men. (On that note, I'm 30 and W is 47 and A is 42)

Anyhow, we grew closer and closer as friends and my kids began calling them Nana and Papaw. It was very evident that we were all extremely comfortable together. Sometime after we had known each other a year, the girls and I moved in with them to help me provide better for them. Our relationship was nowhere near planned...but needless to say it took off.

W made the difficult decision that he would no longer be able to preach due to our relationship (we knew the small town population would not react well)...so he began "grooming" a young aspiring preacher to take over. We had not come out at this point, but when it was discovered by people we all considered good friends....ultimatums were given and the church was notified of this lifestyle.

Ugly got uglier. We were soon the talk of the town and all over the Topix.com website. It was horrible. We decided to move to a larger city where people were more likely to mind their own business. My parents were not totally unsupportive of our relationship, although they refuse to understand it or condone it. We are fine with that. My girls' father refuses to admit that they are not in any kind of "psychological danger". He swears they will require years of therapy and that I'm now an unfit mother. He has mentioned a couple of times that I should not have custody and we fear a court battle anyday.

At any rate, we are what we are. We love each other very much and in our relationship we are content with it being a triad. There were initial issues of jealousy and akwardness. These are not completely gone....but love is conquering those each day.

We hope to find support and encouragement and ideas on handling the many difficulties that we will encounter.

Greetings......seems like we all have some kinda crazy story as to how we ended up on here. Hope you enjoy the company. There's a good group of people on here.

Wow! Welcome, welcome, welcome. I'm sorry that you guys have all had to go through such major changes to be a triad. I'm thrilled that you are making it work no matter what. "...but love is conquering those each day." I love that line and shows what being Poly is all about. I wish you guys all the best and look forward to hearing more of your story.

Back