New and saying hello

Twill

Hello everybody! I'm 25 and gay, living in New York.

A bit of background:
I grew up in a small farming community in the midwest. When I started college, I moved to a larger city (though still fairly small and still fairly conservative), where I lived for about seven years before moving to NY pretty recently.

My first introduction to polyamory was in the writings of Heinlein. Novels that stand out in my mind are "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress" and "Stranger in a Strange Land." These books introduced relationship styles to me that I didn't even have a frame of reference for. Plus, I was in a place where public gay relationships weren't widely accepted, let alone polyamorous ones.

Since I've been in NY, I've been opened up to many new experiences, one of which is the possibility of a real committed polyamorous relationship with two great guys. I'm very excited about getting to know them both and exploring a "triad" (as I guess it's called)!

I've been reading posts on this forum for a few days and have really appreciated having some kind of community and source of advice. Looking forward to more!

I saw that thread. I vaguely remember hearing about that book a while back. Sounds like a worthwhile read!

Back