New Aussie guy

yeah, she knows I've got a gf. so not quite sure what her reaction will be. She might say no because of the gf, but then again, she's been comfortable having a bit of a cuddle as well. Sigh. And given that it's going to be a while before I see her again (damn work shifts), I'm not going to find out for at least a week. I hate the waiting and the not knowing.

lol and I just sent a pm to Emmm as well about it! Thanks Cindie!

I hope it's not too long of a week! :)

Ah, I'll live in any case. My gf's away for a few days, so I'm missing two women... :S

Bleah ... oh wells ...

My girlfriend's back, so back to missing one woman. But I'm absolutely terrified that GaW is going to say no when I ask her out. add to that the fact that it will be a week at least until I can see her even at work, and it's going to be a long unpleasant week.

As difficult as it is, I would suggest don't become too invested in GaW saying yes. She is her own person, and has a right to make her own decisions about things like that. As such, you have to be uncertain about what her response'll be, and be prepared to accept a no without making her feel bad about it.

Having said that though, I do still hope she'll say yes.

Good luck! BTW, we have sort of agreed on this board, to give nicknames to important people in our lives. It makes for a more interesting, easier to understand read. Would you consider that instead of some variation of "girl" as you are using now, for both women in your romantic life?

Okay. I'll refer to my girlfriend as Ro and since I've been calling her GaW, I'll keep the main letters and call her Gwen.

Good!

Fingers crossed for you here concerning Gwen, man.

On Sunday and Monday I'm off, so I'm going to go and do something with Ro. Not sure yet, but we both want to get together and spend some quality time together. We're finding that even though we're at home together, we don't often actually DO stuff together, and I don't want to get so caught up with a potential thing with Gwen that I lose sight of what I've already got.

And there's a chance I could be getting together with Gwen on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

That's the right idea, keep things special with Ro as they should be. Hope things work out well with Gwen on Thursday.

Bah, I don't know what to do. Trying to organize a day to get together with Gwen and she's all over tne place. She's swapped her shifts so the 27th is now a day when she's working, so im pissed off because I swapped to get it off and I took a shitty shift to get it. Spoke via text to try to organize something else, maybe a lunch together before work one day, and when I suggested a day she said no.

At the moment thinking its just not worth it.

Hmmm! Sounds fishy. Maybe she's thinking she's not all that interested?

I guess I'd give it a few more tries and then assume she's essentially said no. I mean people talk with their feet, do they not, more than they do with their mouths?

At the very least it was kind of inconsiderate of her to bomb on you after you went through all the trouble to get Thursday off. Sorry that happened.

Yeah, I don't get it. When I saw her at work the last time and we had dinner, we sat for quite a while with my arm around her, and she even put her head on my shoulder. So I'm not sure if it's because she's not interested or if she is interested and she just isn't sure what to do, or if she's got something going on that she isn't telling me or what. Very frustrating and quite painful.

Hmmm. Well, I guess you could give it a few tries, then wait for awhile, then try it again. Sometimes people get the jitters after they notice their heart's getting more involved than they had planned on. That sort of thing can happen.

So maybe one day she was, like, into it, and then the next day sort of changed her mind and thought, "Wait, this is all happening way too fast." In which case giving her some extra time to think may be necessary. Maybe she needs more than a week. Maybe she needs a month. More than a month?

Your own feelings certainly matter as well, but you're in a tight spot. If you decide the whole thing's not worth the bother after all, you'll still have to endure the sting of giving it up. Not much better than the sting of waiting longer for her than you wanted to wait.

There's quite a few possible explanations for what's happened though, so let's not jump to any conclusions just yet. At least that's my vote. Try at least once or twice more to set something up with her (while trying to not be in too much of a hurry).

Difficult situation. No easy answers; no guarantees.

Just watched a movie with Ro. She's been away for a few days at her parents' place and I've missed her, so it was great to see her again. Probably going to be going out a bit later, there's a bit of a storm and once it gets dark we might be able to get some great photos from a lookout.

The movie was "What About Bob", by the way. A great little movie. Definitely worth a watch if you get the chance.

I've also been talking to a friend of mine who lives overseas while Ro was away. I'll call her Eowyn, as she's a LotR fan. We've been chatting on Facebook messenger every night for the last half-week or so, and last night and also this morning we skyped as well. I know her from primary school and haven't seen her in about 25 years. Recently went overseas and stayed in the city she lives in, so we met up. Had an absolute blast together, and our friendship has really blossomed.

Back