Plans for Thanksgiving?

Dinner (lunch) with my parents, then we are off to Joshua Tree National Park. Rock climbing and camping for 3 days, no Boy Scouts, just my family :).

The girls and I will be having our annual feast, then the weekend will be spent in a cabin in the mountains with good friends. Can't wait!! Hope everyone enjoys their holiday!!

Well...Let me see here.....My wife and I are going to be at home with our two kids..... :( And this will be the first turkey day without going to our lover's place in like 3 years. How liberating! :D This year, we are going to have turkey.....I have no idea how many people are coming over to our house.....if any. :/

When we lived in our big house, we had blood family over for the whole traditional turkey feast at 11am, then our chosen family would come over at 6p and we would do it all over again. It was a lot to cook 2 entire meals, but we enjoyed it.

Now we live in another state in a tiny house, and it's just going to be us and our 2 teenagers - one of whom refuses to eat any of the delights on the Thanksgiving table. He can eat PB&J!

And of course there will be a few snippets of parades in the morning while cooking, an early afternoon meal, a football and naps on the couch in the afternoon.

Hmm..., probably we will hang out (hubby, mom, me and baby), and not eat a turkey because with such a small crew polishing off a turkey and its leftovers is too long of a job

My husband and I are both only children, with most relatives either out of state or even overseas, so the what to do for Turkey day (and other festivities) has always been - oh its just us again this year isn't it? but if his boss doesn't load him down with stuff to do by computer we may do what we call urban hiking... pick an area we haven't walked around in for a while, go as far as we can there, pick a spot to chow down in, and then walk further until we find appropriate public transportation to get back to home!

J and I are going to Dixie Cafe with his family at some undisclosed time. R has expressed a desire to meet my siblings (my parents are deceased) and so we will be going together for the first time to my baby sister's to eat with my family. After which R will go eat dinner with his family. J and I will likely hang out a bit at my sis's it is rare that we are all together these days so every chance we get is welcome. Busy but fun.:)

I have no idea. :D

We used to split up for turkey day. Karma would stay here with his dad and I would go to West virginia to my Great Aunts with my family. But she passed away 2 yrs ago. Last year was spent with Panda. But she's not in state now so.... it's all up in the air.

We may be going to Crickets then to Karma's dads.

Or we may just do what we did when we first started dating. Unplug the phone, lock the door and eat fast food while watching movies and being alone.

I miss the cooking and the big to do but I'll get that at Christmas so for now I have no idea.

I know I wanna watch the parade and a few other specials that'll be on TV and be with my man, other than that...ehhh. It's one of those holidays that has lost its magic.

We (husband, child and myself), our heart family and a total of 30 people for something different this year. We are all going to a near by resort for the thanks giving meal at a famous restrautant. I feel odd about this, but I want to be with my closet people. So this is where we are headed. I will make holiday foods for leftover the next day.

I'm going to Florida with my gf. We will be at my dad's. An old friend of his, kind of like my honorary aunt, and her daughter, will be roasting the turkey and bringing it over with stuffing and gravy. Gf and I are responsible for making all the side dishes and dessert. Dad will pay for the food and the wine.

I'm thinking I'll make creamed onions and the mashed potatoes. My gf makes delicious brussels sprouts with lots of butter and garlic. I generally make a wicked good cranberry sauce and will if I have time. Not sure about dessert... maybe a Dutch Apple pie with a few cranberries and walnuts mixed in.

My sister has to work Friday and she and her husband and daughter are just going out to eat this year. She'll come across the state on Saturday to be with us til Tuesday. Can't wait!

Where at in Florida Magdlyn? We are in the Tampa Bay area. ;)

Rare year, no guests invited. VERY bizarre, usually we have lots-but we already have a household of 10 this year. SO we opted for no guests this year.

We're doing seared Ahi and King Crab. ;)
(no-we aren't eating TURKEY)

Back