"Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself..."

It was only a few weeks ago that I read these terms "polyamory" and "polyamorous" for the first time... or knew that there was a movement going on out there! (I live on the side of a mountain and get to Internet maybe once a week or less. Sometimes I only just have time to deal with my e-mail and can't look at the news. And it's not the sort of things they talk about on the radio stations that I listen to at home...)
But I feel like I've found a home. I believe that I've been polyamorous for decades... and working slowly and painfully towards it before then. (My upbringing was in a right-wing, fundamentalist Christian family with the back-up of a British-colonialist school system. Hence the slowness and the pain.)
I quite early decided (in my HEAD) that jealousy is a weakness and no part of true Love. With each new girlfriend, I worked on giving up another chunk of jealousy.
Of course, the girlfriends had gone through some of the same brainwashing as I had - though perhaps not in such an extreme form. And so I got the occasional "Don't you REALLY love me?" (if I didn't go wild with jealousy when they flirted with other men).
And I'm sure that all of us have heard - or will hear - the accusation: "You're just too immature to handle a REAL relationship!" and / or "If you spread your love too widely, it's never deep anywhere."
Of course one answer to those is
imgres

True Love really IS infinite.
Thank you all for being there. If this is a movement, let's MOVE!

You're a man of wealth and taste?

I agree with you. See my sig. Welcome to the board from another mature person old enough to know most Stones lyrics and to remember a time when poly didnt have a name...

It depends on your definitions

You're a man of wealth and taste?
Wealth? Certainly NOT in money terms. (In a recent year my total income was 83€. And I feel like I've had a good financial year if I've earned 1000€ - which is 1/3 of the official poverty level in my country.) In terms of friends, I'm a wealthy man. In terms of Love, we`re all poorer than we might be.

As for taste: well someone who's polyamorous just isn't discriminating, right? That means no taste at ALL! :D:D:D:p:p:p

p.s. I LOVE your sig!

Back