oh hallo! from the midwestern US

Fae

Hey everyone,

I'm extremely new here and just starting to find my way around, but this seems like as good a place to begin as any (though I've also started trying to tackle those "golden nugget" threads).

I'm a twenty three-year-old bi (or pan, if you want to get fancy about it) (cis)lady and student, and I'm currently in a — if I'm getting my vocabulary right, here — triad with a man (straight) and woman (bi), both thirty. We met through a gaming club that's hosted at my university, and what began as a one-off threesome (with me as the third) quickly became a friends-with-benefits relationship, and we eventually realized that we all meant much more to each other than that. We've been seeing one another since last August, but only decided to "officially" commit to each other this summer. Recently, my partners, who live together and were dating for several years before I entered the picture, got engaged — but that's a whole separate can of worms that I think I'll save for a different thread! (I'm extremely happy for them, it's just, you know, complicated.)

I joined this forum because I'm new to the poly lifestyle and I could really use a source of support and advice as I navigate it, so I'm excited to meet everyone here. c:

Hello Fae,
Welcome to our forum.

I'm sure you'll find the support and advice you need here; just keep looking around, see what calls to you, and post any thoughts or questions that you have.

I believe your terminology is right, you are in a triad. Sounds like a pretty happy arrangement, even if you're feeling a little off about your partners' engagement. Anything we can do to help, we'll be glad to do so. :)

Glad you could join us; hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thank you for the welcome, Kevin!

Yes, it is a very happy relationship, albeit one I more or less stumbled into. (Funny how things work out, sometimes.) I don't think any of us realized we had the capacity to be poly until we found each other, as somewhat hokey as that sounds. We all balance each other, somehow.

Actually, I kind of stumbled into the poly relationship I'm in, as well. It's not an uncommon way for people to get started in poly; that may change as the lovestyle gets to be better-known.

Back