Are You in an Open Marriage?

TEAMeight

I'm a producer on a syndicated, Emmy-award winning television show and am discussing open marriage. Are you and your spouse in a marriage in which you've given each other permission to engage in sexual relationships with other people? Are you enjoying this "open marriage" agreement with your spouse? Has your marriage been strengthened by this freedom? Do you support the "don't ask, don't tell" rule when it relates to having sex with someone else? Or are you having regrets and second thoughts about this decision? Maybe it's strained your marriage even more? Or you've fallen in love with someone else? We’re a television show looking to discuss this topic. If you’re interested, please email me your story at [email protected].

Last edited:
Who are you, and what is your motivation for asking all these questions?

Are you an academic? A student with a class assignment? A journalist? A political hack seeking some advantageous angle on the recent allegations about Newt Gingrich? Just generally curious . . . or plain nosy?

You may be able to learn what you need to know from actually reading posts to the forum, which is public, after all.

Try it.

I didn't realize that producers of Emmy-award winning television shows were not given real email addresses. With all the prestige that goes with an Emmy, I would have thought a non-yahoo address would be the minimum the network would give you.

I mean shucks. I'm just an average Jane from Canada, and I have two domains myself. I also have a university account for when I want to be all official-like. When we used to run a home-based business, we also had one for that. It's called professionalism. Might want to look into that...

Also, assuming TEAMeight refers somehow to your syndicated Emmy-award winning show... why are you so neglected by Google?

Or was "Emmy" just the name of your daughter, and when you recorded her kindergarten graduation, she made you a really nice award out of play-dough?

shucks... you couldn't even get [email protected] ... 91? What, are you 21?

[edit] Oh, I see... the posting and editing time stamps tell me you added all that producer stuff after hyperskeptic inquired into your credentials. Nope... that's not the least bit suspicious...

Dude. Next time you lie, pick something at least a little bit credible.

We've actually given lots of information to lots of people from the "outside." All you have to do is ask nicely and tell us what it's actually for, and not be all creepy and suspicious. See, in polyamory, one thing we really value is honesty. So when you start off with a lie, it really sets the stage for ridicule and disinterest.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, a few years ago I interned for an Emmy-winning documentarian and he had won his Emmys for his work for a major network. His own self-produced documentaries won awards at festivals, but not Emmys (or Oscars). He was so busy traveling and shooting his doc in between his work for the network, that I guess he didn't get around to getting a domain name and "official" email addy for his own production company until about five or six years after he won those Emmys. And sometimes freelance producers assist other network producers in getting work for legit projects, and they're on a shoestring budget, so it's possible they don't have a corporate-sounding email address (although even I have a domain name & email for my teensy little non-moneymaking prodco)...

(I also once dated a daytime Emmy-winning musical composer and he only had a hotmail account, but I digress)

Nevertheless, I googled the email address in the OP and found two other casting notices which stated: "you can email me at team.eight91 @ yahoo.com or call me directly at 323-956-3381." Both casting notices had misspellings in them, btw, but they were supposedly for a project on CBS and the producer is in the Atlanta GA area. So, if anyone wants to call...

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, a few years ago I interned for an Emmy-winning documentarian and he had won his Emmys for his work for a major network. His own self-produced documentaries won awards at festivals, but not Emmys (or Oscars). He was so busy traveling and shooting his doc in between his work for the network, that I guess he didn't get around to getting a domain name and "official" email addy for his own production company until about five or six years after he won those Emmys. And sometimes freelance producers assist other network producers in getting work for legit projects, and they're on a shoestring budget, so it's possible they don't have a corporate-sounding email address (although even I have a domain name & email for my teensy little non-moneymaking prodco)...

Hmmm... well you dated him "a few years ago" and he'd gotten his "official" email address a few years after the Emmy, so presumably we're talking at least 10 years since he got him Emmy. 2002ish. That's a pretty important decade in the world of internet marketing. I had a friend with his own domain back then, and it was a big deal. WOW! You have your own DOMAIN?!?

Now mine's $12.88 per year. Most people spend three times that a month on coffee, especially network producers working ridiculous hours and subsisting on caffeine.

Remember cell phones in 2002? My friend with the domain was also my only friend with a cell phone.

Crap I'm getting old. And by "old" I clearly mean thirty. *runs away*

No, I didn't date him, I interned for him. So, I just looked him up in IMDB - he won his Emmys in '98 and '92, for his work at a major network, then his own stuff won festivals and Independent Spirit awards in '03 and '04. I interned for him in '07, and he didn't have a domain name for his business til '10, and his big documentary was on PBS that year and he was doing all these TV interviews.

Thing is, in independent production circles, some people are cogs in a bigger wheel and can claim they've won awards, which technically is true, but they're still flying by the seats of their pants for their own productions and don't have it together enough to get that kind of email or site together. OR they're trying to put things together to pitch as a show that doesn't exist yet, and they need footage to do that (although they should say so).

In actuality, getting a domain name doesn't mean someone is more credible. But still, a yahoo address for casting is always suspect.

Back