The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Tired; jelly legged; and sore in a good way. Just got back from taking Wendigo home; now headed upstairs to cuddle Runic Wolf. :D

Tonight was very good; lots of snuggles, video games, rock band 3, and sexy time (hence the jelly legs). :D

Whew! Yay!

My gf (and I finally figured out a nickname for her) miss pixie is off to work as a counselor at a camp for transgender and genderqueer kids for a week. In her youth, ages 15 to 22, she used to spend all summer at boy scout camp as a counselor, after having been a camper for years (probably the most girly "boy" scout ever) and now she gets to work at a job she adores as her true self. She is really nervous about it, but excited. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for her.

So now I have time to myself for a week. I'm going to be able to spend time with my son, swim, work, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

LOL! Classic sitcom material!

*whistles innocently*

I'm not doing too bad at this point, still not as good as I'd like. Finally got to talk to some people, and it's raining! I love it when it storms. It's very cleansing and energizing at the same time.

Much better now that we have received good news about my father.

I am glad for you, Tex.

*whistles innocently*

I'm not doing too bad at this point, still not as good as I'd like. Finally got to talk to some people, and it's raining! I love it when it storms. It's very cleansing and energizing at the same time.

I love storms too! And days of quiet gentle rain. Of course, I love a nice dry day temps 72, but I am getting tired of the high 80s and humidity here in Mass.

My sister in S Fla is in the path of their first hurricane in a couple years... eek!

I really admire miss pixie's energy and appetite for life. She never lets anything stand in her way!

Thanks, Cindie. :) She is a wonder. *love* The campers arrived last night. She's in a cabin with 11 preteen and teen girls who spent time last night "proudly singing gaga at the top of their lungs." They are adorable and it's sure a change from Boy Scout camp, she said. hehe

Had a very challenging time on the way to and at the Radical Faerie gathering I went to with Long Lost Love--who wasn't much interested in connecting with me, which is perhaps an understatement. So much that could go wrong went wrong. Near constant rain, endless mud, lost (bad directions to the site), backtracking, lack of sleep, wandering in the car back and forth..., driving fifty plus miles to the nearest motel for a bed for the night.... Abandoned (again) by Long Lost Love at the Gathering. (He found a pretty boy toy and that was that -- not even friendship relating with him after all of these (17!) years. He didn't even sleep once in the tent we brought for us. We didn't but say "Hi" now and then at the Gathering. But I did meet some good folks, and one of them might be a new friend -- we shall see.

So happy to be home!

Just finished cooking for the week -hope it turned out good! I am doing the South Beach diet again, trying to get back to pre-baby weight. The baby is being outrageously awesome, and I can't wait until my next weekend home with him!

Hubby has continued to enjoy poly munches - I can't join in on weeknights so I vicariously hear about them from him.

Neither of us has anyone except each other right now, but we are having fun -and if a new relationship happens, it happens, not going to worry about it...

Had a very challenging time on the way to and at the Radical Faerie gathering I went to with Long Lost Love--who wasn't much interested in connecting with me, which is perhaps an understatement. So much that could go wrong went wrong. Near constant rain, endless mud, lost (bad directions to the site), backtracking, lack of sleep, wandering in the car back and forth..., driving fifty plus miles to the nearest motel for a bed for the night.... Abandoned (again) by Long Lost Love at the Gathering. (He found a pretty boy toy and that was that -- not even friendship relating with him after all of these (17!) years. He didn't even sleep once in the tent we brought for us. We didn't but say "Hi" now and then at the Gathering. But I did meet some good folks, and one of them might be a new friend -- we shall see.

So happy to be home!

Wow River, what a disaster. I had thought for some reason plans with LLL had already fallen through. But you did get together, and yet he ignored you. My sympathies. I hope the other activities made up for his rude behavior a little.

Wowee! My school just informed me that they're increasing the amount of emergency assistance they will give me. This is a grant for personal expenses, and they're now giving me enough to pay a month's rent! Such a welcome surprise, as I'm on the verge of having my gas & electric and cable turned off (cell phone already is), and the job I interviewed for never called me back for a second interview.

Thank goodness pasta is cheap, and my local deli and bagel shop both give me credit. Got someone coming over tonite to buy a piece of furniture from me, for a little cash.

Woo Fucking Hoo, even though I probably won't get the big check til next week, I'm so relieved about my immediate circumstances. Now to optimize my future...

Major anxiety today. Woke up to a 5.9 earthquake. Never felt one before. In my half asleep state I had no idea what was going on. Karma was on his way to see Cookie but was thankfuly okay. Had to put some books back on the shelf, candles back where they belong and food back on shelves, but the swords stayed attached to the walls so all is good.

Unfortunately my anxiety is now sky high and the littlest things have been setting me off all day.

Thank goodness pasta is cheap, and my local deli and bagel shop both give me credit. Got someone coming over tonite to buy a piece of furniture from me, for a little cash.

I feel ya. We're probably loosing cable in the next two weeks and I need the internet for school so that should be fun. We're living on pasta and sandwhiches and cereal.

I'm gonna have to see if our school does something like that. The food stamp office told us not to bother to apply because by the time it's approved Karmas school loans will be here (they denied mine) and then they'll deny us for having to much $. Too bad that too much money is enough to make it 3 months and it's gotta make it 6.

I feel ya. We're probably loosing cable in the next two weeks and I need the internet for school so that should be fun. We're living on pasta and sandwhiches and cereal.

I'm gonna have to see if our school does something like that. The food stamp office told us not to bother to apply because by the time it's approved Karmas school loans will be here (they denied mine) and then they'll deny us for having to much $. Too bad that too much money is enough to make it 3 months and it's gotta make it 6.

Yeah, I have school loans too, and thought that I couldn't ask for help because when they come in I'd technically have money -- but that's a retarded way for the Food Stamp office to look at it because it's not a gift of money, for crap's sake, it's another fucking debt you have to pay back. I applied for Food Stamps, but they never called me when they said they would and I can't reach anyone there now to set up a new appointment.

I know when I get my loan check, I'm not keeping the money in the bank. I will pay my rent and bills and hold onto the cash in a secret hidey hole so no one can see what $$ I have on hand. I don't get any interest on my bank account anyway. I decided to sell off a lot of my stuff, too, if there's anyone out there with cash to buy it.

So, the grant I got was from our Office of Student Services, not the Fin. Aid office in my school. They have programs specifically set up to help students who can't make ends meet, I think because we have so many immigrants and low-income people (it's a public college, not private, so they work with all kinds of agencies). The first time I went there, she asked me if I had food, and gave me a gift card for a local grocery store. It was only $35 but helped tremendously. Maybe your school has something similar. I do know that not all departments know what the others can do for a student. Sometimes you can find these obscure services they offer on their websites.

Mostly good, but a bit worried.

I have someone I have known for 11 years, but I haven't spoken with much over the last few years, but he is back chit-chatting with me again. All very innocent. My problem is that I find myself being asked questions that I am not sure I am comfortable with, due to the potential out-come.
I find I really don`t want to be the person that plants the seed of 'poly' in anyone's currently monogamous head. I really do not want that on my shoulders.

Ahh decisions.

60 smackers and a potential new friend

Yay, Brigidsdaughter!

I just sold a headboard, which I found on the street, for $60. Dummy me, I didn't realize until after they took it out of here that it is a very expensive iron headboard that goes for $700 new. I don't know why I didn't look for it online beforehand, I've had it sitting here for two months. But I wasn't sure it was iron, though I could tell it was well-made.

I was just kvetching about this on the phone to my sis and she said, "no one's got money to buy anything anymore, so you wouldn't have gotten much more for it." Yeah, easy come, easy go. Now I have money to buy myself and the cat some food, and a very nice person has a new look for her bedroom.

The best part is, I think I made a friend. As soon as I opened my apartment door and saw the woman who came to buy it, a warm feeling came over me, an instant sense that I could be friends with her. And now she and I have been texting each other in a very nice and friendly way this evening. She just sent a message saying "Talk/text anytime." So, some things are meant to be, and I'd be very happy if a new friendship develops out of it.

Mmm and then you can screw in her new bed... oops forgot you aren't bi.

So, just got an ego boost!

I took a stroll to the store to buy some coffee with the cash I just made in my hot little hands. I ran out a few days ago, and wanted some for the morning. On the way home, I stopped in the little 24-hr. deli to buy some cheese and greeted this hot guy who lives across the street from me. I walked in and chirped, "Hi neighbor!" and he was all flirty with me, saying he recognized me but not sure from where. I reminded him that I live across the street. He apologized for "looking like shit" in his gym clothes, all sweaty (ha! like I really hated that!), and I said, "Oh please, I don't think you could ever look like shit." I mean, he is a hunk and a half!

So, of course, his ears prick up. He was on his way out and I was heading to the back of the store, but he turns around to say, "Well, that is really sweet of you," and introduces himself, extending his hand. I gave him my name and he shook my hand and then held it in a flirty, lingering way. And he's all, "So next time we see each other, we can say Hi [his name] and Hi [my name]," while giving me a "I want to bed you" look.

Oh, I know it was corny as hell. And he's a playa -- I see him hanging out in the local watering holes and flirting with women all the time. But I had my hair all tangled up in a knot on the top of my head, with no makeup, and a sloppy old outfit and raggedy sneakers on. So, the fact that he saw fit to flirt with me looking so unglamorous, when I am usually invisible to most of the young guys who are hanging on the corner (there are two bars down the end of my block) even when I'm dressed up, because I'm just a chubby old lady to them -- well, it just made my evening!

So, yeah, ego boost!

Last edited:
For once I'm glad for insomnia and the fact I'm lazy about updating things.

Apparently someone got into the XBox Live accounts of myself and at least one friend. Managed to charge $75 in points to his card and tried to do the same to mine. I'm so terrible about updating things, however, that the card on file they used was an old, deactivated one I've been too lazy to remove so all I got was an email saying that the charge could not be processed. I've since changed the password to my account and I'm going to call support in the morning.

The Insomnia part is mostly that I had trouble sleeping as a few things are/where stressing me out. By waking up and taking care of at least two of them (at least partially in one case, see above). Even if i'm not as well rested physically as I'd probably like, I might be able to steal a few more hours of sleep now at the very least.

Back