Newbie here

Jtron

Hello to all I am Jtron and I am new here. Looking forward to getting to know you all. I am new to the poly world and hope this is a good resource with honest and open minded people. :D

Hi Jtron. Welcome. Are you male or female, partnered or not, and to which gender? If you have a partner, is he/she also poly or poly-curious?

Hi Jtron. Welcome. Are you male or female, partnered or not, and to which gender? If you have a partner, is he/she also poly or poly-curious?

I'm male and single all the way around for now. I'm extremely poly-curious and came here to get the lowdown on the poly lifestyle as well as resources and stories from current poly folks. I'm also a Unitarian Universalist and will be teaching a class on polyamory in the near future. I feel this is the lifestyle that would fit me best. Thanks for the welcome! :cool:

Last edited:
You're going to teach a class on poly even though you've never practiced it?

You're going to teach a class on poly even though you've never practiced it?

I'm trying to get some exposure to the lifestyle before teaching about it. Sorry, I should have explained myself a bit more clearly. Yes I intend to practice before I preach, lol. :D

Haha, you better get cracking! You've got to find 2 partners, fall in love with both, and vice versa, and have sex with them, while they know they are not your one and only, in a short amount of time. :eek: Good luck! There are not that many of us.

Haha, you better get cracking! You've got to find 2 partners, fall in love with both, and vice versa, and have sex with them, while they know they are not your one and only, in a short amount of time. :eek: Good luck! There are not that many of us.

Thanks, I'm in no hurry to teach a class on this. I know this will take time and patience. I think it's best to not be in a hurry about poly relationships.

Oh, you said "near future" for your class.

Oh, you said "near future" for your class.

Maybe I was being a bit ambitious and optimistic, lol. I feel this is a topic that needs discussion and visibility within the UU church in general. There is an organization of UU's that support and give visibility to the poly lifestyle already but I want to bring this insight to our particular congregation. I'm just a little excited about what being poly can bring to my life and my congregation. I guess I need to tone it down a notch. Thanks for the reality check and advice. :eek:

You're welcome.

I don't think it would be impossible for you to teach a basic class on polyamory, if you read this board for a couple of months and also read the recommended books and websites you will see listed around the board.

You're welcome.

I don't think it would be impossible for you to teach a basic class on polyamory, if you read this board for a couple of months and also read the recommended books and websites you will see listed around the board.

I just finished the Ethical Slut and Sex at Dawn is on the way. I have taken note of all the books recommended and plan on reading the forums regularly.

Back