Weight loss support

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment... it's an ongoing quest which suffers because I tend to lack motivation about this sort of thing. Which is annoying because I'd quite like to be fit and healthy and more sexier and stuff. I am a naturally lazy person, and I hate it...

But I'm trying to make more of an effort... had a good workout this morning and am making an effort to regulate my food intake a bit more and keep myself hydrated properly. Thinking of doing that thing where you elevate your monitor, mouse and keyboard to a height which is better suited for standing so I'm not spending so much time on my arse while job surfing and whatnot!

1. I gave up all soda and fastfood. No matter what.

I need to do that. I am addicted to Diet Coke! I drink it all day long and NEVER drink water. At work I buy at least 2 20oz bottles - one for the morning and one for lunch. Plus I have a few cups at home - mostly with dinner. I don't think I can give it up completely - but I am going to replace my morning one with water instead. I'm also going to try to not have it in the house.

As for fast food - We used to eat a lot of fast food, but lately I've lost my craving for it and haven't had any in a few months. I gave up french fries for lent and am going to try to continue not eating them after Easter.

2. I forced myself to drink the water every day (it SUCKED ASS).

How much did you drink everyday?

3. After 30 days of doing the water I added walking-every day.

That's my goal now - to start of walking 15 min/day then increasing the time.

4. I gave up dairy for 1 year. (THAT is a BITCH by the way-but it's AMAZING how much that one single thing helped. I lost the most weight by doing that).

I give you a lot of credit for doing that! I don't think I could manage doing that.

Hey KatTails,

We have the Wii Fit, but that gets rather boring. I was great at hula-hoop, but got sick of it quickly, even though it gets a good sweat going.

We also have the Michael Jackson experience, which is fairly good at getting the heart-rate going, but a bit of a disappointment, if you were ever trained in dance. It incorporates only the wii remote, no footwork. Though the rest of my family really loves it.

We just got a new one called ' Dance-Dance Revolution' #3.

This one seems more my style. You start out with very basic footsteps, take lessons, upgrade difficulty, and incorporate the wii remote and nunchuck eventually.

Worked horses yesterday, and did do a unscheduled run with a horse at my side last night. I am staying on target for varied forms of sweating. :p It feels good to physically be healed enough to handle physical activity.

I am not worrying to much about my diet right now, except to eat more, like the doctor suggested. So I never skip breakfast, even if I eat late.

I have never been a pop-drinker, twinkie muncher, so all that is easy. I dont even drink fruit juice very often.

I do need to cut back on my gluten eventually, but we`ll wait for warmer weather. I`m long versed in what works for my body, I just havent applied it, because I get sick to death of thinking about every little thing.

Hopefully my metabolism didnt give up on me, and I can work up appetites again. :)

Diet soda is actually worse for you than regular soda. The Aspartame (sp?) that is used in it-can cause weight gain. Bad deal.

:(

I drank a minimum of 40 0z of water a day.
But, aim for 60.

(talk about peeing a lot!)

Diet soda is actually worse for you than regular soda. The Aspartame (sp?) that is used in it-can cause weight gain. Bad deal.

Not to mention the amount of sodium, it will make you retain water. Easiest fix for that - drink more water :) I'm down to 2-3 a week. I never order a large soda anymore, always a small now and I bring my own water everywhere.

I drank a minimum of 40 0z of water a day.
But, aim for 60.

(talk about peeing a lot!)

He He :D I do drink between 40-80oz most days. I can get til about noon without having to go (2 cups of coffee and at least 20oz water), then it all hits and I'm down the hall about every 45 mins the rest of the day.:p

He He :D I do drink between 40-80oz most days. I can get til about noon without having to go (2 cups of coffee and at least 20oz water), then it all hits and I'm down the hall about every 45 mins the rest of the day.:p

Yep! That's awesome though Sneac! That's one GREAT step in the right direction. :)

Now, is there a way to increase your "output"?

One little thing I did (still do) that is sneaky-but works is parking.

Whenever I go somewhere, I park at the back end of the lot. I tell myself that I'm healthier than so many people who can't get parking spots near the door so I'm doing a kindness to others.
But-the kindness to myself is that it increases my walking out put. ;)
When it's cold as hell outside-it REALLY increases it-cause I run in to get away from the frozen cold. But that doesn't work the same way in a warm place. ;)

I think it's SO DAMN AWESOME that there is a weight loss support thread on here now. :) It's way cool to see people sharing the support needs of their real lives-not JUST poly details. It's awesome that we're able to talk about and share on a poly-board where we are more accepted, but it's also cool to not be known JUST for being poly on the board, but as whole people with real life struggles. ;)

Last edited:
Now, is there a way to increase your "output"?

One little thing I did (still do) that is sneaky-but works is parking.

Whenever I go somewhere, I park at the back end of the lot. I tell myself that I'm healthier than so many people who can't get parking spots near the door so I'm doing a kindness to others.
But-the kindness to myself is that it increases my walking out put. ;)

YEP - I need to get my ass up off the couch and go for my walks at night. Lately I have been finding every excuse in the book not to go, sleep, sew, knit, book report... :( I've let it go so long, that the shooting pain in my leg is back when I go out for more than 10-15 mins. Just means I need to do the 10-15 minutes and then lift weights when I get home. After about a month, I should be able to increase it. Promise to have a better progress to report by the end of the week.

Parking: At work I'm forced to park a good ways away, because it is the only spots available when I get in.

I understand Sneac. I hate the cold and I can find a MILLION excuses not to go. Which is what happened last night. :(

Today GG and I are going to go do yard work in about 2 hours (after the kids finish swimming).

I'm not really looking forward to it-but it will be good for my arms and legs. We have to rake all the yuck down the hill and then burn it off. It's a hell of a hill. :(

2 hours of heavy duty raking. Both hands are blistered-and I STINK like smoke (the fire burning off the leaves etc was blowing at me);

but I feel great. :)

I have an appointment tomorrow with my work gym to get my fitness level assessed and have a program figured out. Now I have to rustle up work out clothes!

I did 2 hours of heavy raking last night. (Got some blisters on my hands).

Then, before bed I went for a 1.4 mile walk with GG. :)

I had to trade out belts to the next smaller size to keep my britches up. I'll have to get smaller britches soon, too.

Went to my work gym appointment today. Confirmed what I knew already - I'm not in good shape. However, I was a bit surprised on how I did better on some tests than I anticipated. So the first step is to get my cardio into acceptable (I get winded so easily now!) Elliptical - here I come.

Next goal: 1) figure out a work out schedule 2) get work out pants.

Good job Opal! That's a great step in the right direction.

I suggest getting a pair of workout pants that YOU LIKE.

I am SO much more motivated to work out when I like what I have to wear to do it in.

For years I bought cheap "I'm going to lose weight anyway" workout clothes-and they sat in the closet looking ugly-while I continued to sit on my butt on the couch.

I finally gave in to my inner woman and bought a couple pairs of workout pants/shorts and tops (and a good pair of shoes-always a big plus there) and the amount of activity increased exponentially cause I LIKED wearing the clothes-but I couldn't very well wear them if I wasn't goign to work out. ;)

My new job keeps me very active - chasing around 6-8 very active toddlers 5 days a week, however, I am still having a hard time wanting to exercise on my days off.... at least on cold rainy days like we've had everyday this week. :-( I have a gym membership, but now that Wendigo and Pretty Lady had to cancel theirs for financial reasons, I have no one to go with. (Wolf and I can't go at the same time b/c of conflicting work schedules and lack of babysitters).

My walk yesterday was 2.4 miles. I logged it in googlemaps today. :)

Today I'm going to aim for another walk. I woke with a nasty headache and it's grey and gloomy outside, but I'm going to walk at least to the end of the block before bed.

:eek:

I had to trade out belts to the next smaller size to keep my britches up. I'll have to get smaller britches soon, too.

Yea!!!

Went to my work gym appointment today. Confirmed what I knew already - I'm not in good shape. However, I was a bit surprised on how I did better on some tests than I anticipated. So the first step is to get my cardio into acceptable (I get winded so easily now!) Elliptical - here I come.

Next goal: 1) figure out a work out schedule 2) get work out pants.

Glad that you made the appointment and followed through and went! That's half the battle sometimes! You go girl - you can do it!!

My walk yesterday was 2.4 miles. I logged it in googlemaps today. :)

Today I'm going to aim for another walk. I woke with a nasty headache and it's grey and gloomy outside, but I'm going to walk at least to the end of the block before bed.

Way to go LR!! Keep it up!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for me - I've had good days and bad. Still can't get my emotional eating under control and I've been pretty emotional the last few days. I haven't been walking as much as I wanted to - but I have been doing Just Dance on the Wii with my kids. I did lose about 2 pounds!! :)

For Easter - our son got The Michael Jackson Experience and our daughter got Just Dance 2 - so we have been dancing for over an hour this morning - it's a great workout! 2rings even got in on the action - which was hysterical!! Lots of laughing! :D It was great spending time as a family - it's been a long time since we've all been together having fun :)

Looking forward to Easter dinner at my parents house - and a thin slice of berry cheesecake for dessert. Maybe some more Just Dance tonight.

Goal for this week: drinking more water and less Diet Coke!!!

Last edited:
Good job KT! That's awesome.

I havent gotten a walk in since I last posted. :(

I did haul off trash to the dump today, so that was some lifting-and yesterday Maca and I moved furniture, which was also weight lifting.

We both bought new shoes this weekend so we can start walking/running together. :) That was exciting.

Next Saturday I am doing a 5k with my little sister. We won't run the whole thing-I can't run more than a 100meters without losing the ability to breathe (seriously need to get checked for asthma issues). But, we'll walk/run to the end anyway.

Tuesday GG has off work again-so we'll get out there and rake some more.

I can't find a lot of motivation when it's ugly and chilly out either. :( It's so DEPRESSING.
The sun came out this evening for the first time all week. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, maybe I can take the kids and go for a walk. :)

So glad I found this thread. I want to lose 60 pounds to be comfortable. Complacency and comfortalbeness, I tell ya...Ugh.

I'm thinking of trying Sensa in addition to eating healtier and excercise 3-4 times a week. I too have old injuries that make really high impact excercise hard, so I need things like the elliptical or brisk walking instead of running and jogging.

I've been eating better, and have dropped 7 pounds but I need to get on the exercise part. It's laziness and time constraints with my busy schedule, but I've got to fit it in and will. I know if I lose the weight I want to, I'll be back to the knockout status I was many years ago and I look forward to that!

Back