My poly happy family

Bezigebij

Hi all, I'm new in the forum and as I find all your post really interesting and constructive, I would like to share with you also my experience. I'm 37 years old, married 2 years ago with B and almost 2 years in relation with S. I have 2 kids, One 6 years old (from a previous marriage) and another one 3 years old, son of B. Since almost 2 years I live in 2 different houses and running as crazy. Waking up in the morning with S and running on the other house to prepare the kids for the school. In the evening, when I go with S, I prepare the kids to go in bed and then I leave. B and S are fine with the situation, we all are really happy... but honestly I'm really tired. We are planning to go to live all together in some years... but for the moment... we will keep the situation as it is. Beautiful for everyone, kids included.. buy a bit stress for me. I consider my family a great big family. We are often all together, sharing the most important moments together, dinners, lunches, parties, Christmas..etc.. I can't live without them anymore, I can't imagine a single day without them anymore. We are a poly closed family, and also if we share holidays and daily life together, we also dedicate the right attention and time to the both couples. I love to consider our family like a small green garden with two big plants protecting and loving our 2 little flowers. I'm happy to have the possibility to share my reality with all of you and to have your support in all my ... questions and doubts...

Welcome, Bezigebji! Who I may need to call Bez, because that is a complicated name!

Welcome Bez, I can imagine you are tired, running back and forth, I don't know what property values are like in Belgium but in the UK, it is SO expensive to buy/rent a home, much less a larger home to suit a poly family. I hope you can move in together soon.

Natja

we are considering to buy that in 3 but is difficult to find that kind of structure. For everyone BEZ is perfect (My nick means "busy bee" in Dutch) :)

Hi there Bezigebij (I'm so superior at name-spelling with my copy/paste wizardry),

Glad to have you with us. I can see how you must be frazzled from all the running around, but basically it sounds like you have a good, healthy, solid family and a sensible way of practicing polyamory.

And now I'm curious ... Do you live in Belgium or "Holland" (a.k.a. the Netherlands)? Haha it's true, my knowledge of human geography is puny and outdated, I can't even keep all my States straight let alone all my countries.

Gosh, so Bezigebij is a European name? To my uneducated American ears it sounds so ... Middle-Easterny ... Hope I'm not being offensive and don't mean to poke fun (though I often fail to get serious enough), I'm more just honestly curious. I was thinking more "Czechoslovakia" or "Yugoslavia" if Bezigebij were European; Belgium is just so ... "far to the West." Makes me expect some kind of a "French-" or "German-sounding" name, or even an "English-sounding" name.

Is the "j" at the end silent (or like a "y" ... or "zh")? Is the "g" like a "j?" Is the "z" like a "ts?" You have to understand, my education is inadequate but my curiosity is always plentiful enough to get me into mischief. But if any of my questions annoy or offend, I wouldn't blame you and please just overlook/excuse them. No harm or disrespect intended, curiosity only.

Wow, instead of talking about polyamory, I've ended up poking you about your name and nationality. I feel embarrassed ... but I am truly glad you're with us, and it sounds to me like you have a cool (beehive-like? ;)) family. Hope you find the perfect house for all of you soon, and yes I promise to be supportive in any questions or doubts you may have. (Hint: Any link to another thread that you post here in this intro thread, is a link that I'll follow and thus, you'd have a virtual guarantee that I'd respond to you in the other thread.)

Welcome, welcome welcome,
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hey Kevin, just an FYI, there are two languages spoken in Belgium, French and Flemish, which is Dutch with different regional dialects, it was all considered the lowlands once.

Natja - been there, done that ;)

:/

I find one of the best things about being poly is it RELIEVES my stress in relationships...not having to be someone's everything in anything. :) You can still balance time and effort, in order for everyone to feel primary, if you like.

But, there are plenty of examples of here of one person having two (for all intents and purposes) monogamous partners. It gets totally hectic, but it's very doable.

Perhaps you can encourage your partners to get needs met elsewhere...or encourage others to join your family and help out with daily demands? ;) You sound a little exhausted....

Last edited:
Suddenly I see the "busy bee" in "bezige bij." Cool.

So, when in Belgium you speak Belgian yes? and when in the Netherlands you speak Dutch? That means you're at least trilingual: Belgian, Dutch, and English. (Most impressive ...)

Or is Dutch spoken both in Belgium and the Netherlands? Wiktionary says that "Belgian = (linguistics) a hypothetical extinct Indo-European language, supposed to have been spoken distinct from Celtic in late prehistory, in certain parts of what has become known as Gaul." Okay but you're still bilingual which is one language ahead of me. ;)

Well, take out some time for yourself when you can. A polyamorist needs a rest (often more than a monogamist does)!

Regards always,
Kevin T.

Natja, I totally spaced on it. Oops! Sorry about that. In my defense, my brain is bee-yond frazzled nowadays due to how behind I am on everything. So much pardon is begged of you by me (with due embarrassment on my part).

Up, but I see it now ... http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=249180#post249180 ... very very interesting. French and Flemish, eh? Then our "busy bee" must be trilingual after all! Coolness.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back